Our valued sponsor

Best bank account for Delaware LLC?

tomwis

Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
With which bank should I open an account?

The main goal is to be able receive funds from Stripe and transfer them to my home country in Europe. This is a single-member non-resident LLC for pass-through taxation.

I think the requirements are:
1. easy to setup (without travelling to the USA, limited paperwork, etc.)
2. have low(est) fees
3. no monthly/yearly cost?
4. fast transfers (fast from Stripe to that bank and international transfer from the bank to the bank in my home country).

I'd be grateful for any recommenations.

P.S. "Modern" thinking tells me I should probably look at Transferwise or Revolut, but I'm happy to be talked out of this idea.

Last edited:
Another option is Evolve Bank and Trust, sometimes they accept foreign owned LLCs without introducers. You will also find people on internet that can open you a bank account for your LLC in bank of america but as @Sols said it won't be cheap (around 3k)

Reactions: tomwis
Thanks @Sols and @eadeveloper. I ddn't realize it is that difficult.

Can anybody share some bad experiences about Transferwise then?

Also - what about Payoneer?
If you are able to use Stripe you are not in high risk business that said Payoneer should work as well for you. For only receiving Stripe payouts this would be the easiest way to setup but keeop in mind Payoneer is very limited and expensive compared to Transferwise.

Keep in mind that stripe USA require your to have a SSN, and they also require a real physic bank, not EMI.
Ach transfers in the US are fast, but few regular bank makes it easy to transfer out of the USA.

Another option is Evolve Bank and Trust, sometimes they accept foreign owned LLCs without introducers. You will also find people on internet that can open you a bank account for your LLC in bank of america but as @Sols said it won't be cheap (around 3k)
Could you recommend some “people” that can open a BOFA account ? I’m interested and I don’t mind paying a one time 3k fee for it.

With which bank should I open an account?

The main goal is to be able receive funds from Stripe and transfer them to my home country in Europe. This is a single-member non-resident LLC for pass-through taxation.

I think the requirements are:
1. easy to setup (without travelling to the USA, limited paperwork, etc.)
2. have low(est) fees
3. no monthly/yearly cost?
4. fast transfers (fast from Stripe to that bank and international transfer from the bank to the bank in my home country).

I'd be grateful for any recommenations.

P.S. "Modern" thinking tells me I should probably look at Transferwise or Revolut, but I'm happy to be talked out of this idea.
There are also banks in Puerto Rico that offer open an account remotely.