Our valued sponsor

Best Browser For Privacy

Danyal

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I wanted to know which browser is best for security and privacy when using the internet as I have been told that
window 7 is better than window 8 or 10 which communicates back to Microsoft.
Not to update windows 7 when newly installed and to turn off some of the functions that send information back to
Microsoft.
I appreciate everyone's advice in this matter.

If you are very concerned with privacy, you can try hardware like anonabox (google it)

But i think TOR is quite slow for everyday use, at least that was my experience. There are Chrome extensions that do a good job - uBlock, HTTPS everywhere and Privacy Badger are a must.

On specific torrent trackers, you can find altered Windows 10 images where all of Microsoft-reporting software is disabled. Alternatively you can try tools like O&O ShutUp10 which let you fine tune all Windows 10 repoting and diagnostic. It's free

Thanks for the advice about the browser to use and the vpn that would give a more secure browsing.
The operating system that I use win7 or win10 for now and moving on will try linux or macos.
But will give O&O ShutUp10 a go and see that will make a difference. I take it Win7 is no different to Win10
in usability.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Reactions: bastard
What VPN would you suggest to use for this purpose?

Is this really working like that O&O ShutUp10 ?

O&O ShutUp10 is made specifically for disabling Windows 10 telemetry and diagnostics, it will not work propertly in Win7
For selecting VPN i strongly recommend visiting That One Privacy Site | Detailed VPN Comparison Chart . That guy is doing tremendous job testing nearly all known vpn and email services.
Personally i've been using vpn.ac and can't complain.

Thanks for the recommendations of O&O ShutUp10.

Can anyone comment on if it breaks functionality of your computer? I expect a few things to not work as perfectly but... does standard stuff like Windows Updates have trouble?

Thanks for the recommendations of O&O ShutUp10.

Can anyone comment on if it breaks functionality of your computer? I expect a few things to not work as perfectly but... does standard stuff like Windows Updates have trouble?
Just check the program. It has tons of options and it will tell you which are more risky to turn off. Windows update will be fine (but you can disable it too if you want). And of course making restore point before tweaking is always a good idea

Reactions: andycash
Linken Sphere is the best of the best, but for most users not necessary. Also quite expensive, too expensive for me to just "print" identities, rather spend on ads. In general, look for fraud VPN/socks providers, they don't have any incentive to log your s**t. Also important to note is that disabling all services like telemetry let's you stand out of normal traffic, which is the opposite of anonymity.

Linken Sphere is the best of the best, but for most users not necessary. Also quite expensive, too expensive for me to just "print" identities, rather spend on ads. In general, look for fraud VPN/socks providers, they don't have any incentive to log your s**t. Also important to note is that disabling all services like telemetry let's you stand out of normal traffic, which is the opposite of anonymity.
Very interesting information. I visited the site and tried to sign up but unable to do so as I am unable to understand the language at the sign up page. My language transformer not able to do the job. However, thank you for this nice share.

Can this be trusted? It's Russian right?

Very interesting information. I visited the site and tried to sign up but unable to do so as I am unable to understand the language at the sign up page. My language transformer not able to do the job. However, thank you for this nice share.
Linken sphere is not an active project anymore. It has been replaced by Sphere https://sphere.tenebris.cc
It's good if you know what you're doing. It's developer does have connection to russian carders, but maybe that's a good thing, idk:)

Linken sphere is not an active project anymore. It has been replaced by Sphere https://sphere.tenebris.cc
It's good if you know what you're doing. It's developer does have connection to russian carders, but maybe that's a good thing, idk:)
Thank you 7889, for the follow up and it is good when we all help each another by sharing ideas and discuss things. Great family members I have in Offshorecorptalk. Cheers!

Latest Threads