Our valued sponsor

Best country for a trader

georgio

Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
Hello!

As the title suggests, I'm searching for the best country for someone that has his income primarily from trading.
I'm trading US equities (recently I've made the change to a US broker), Forex (broker regulated in Seychelles), and very few earnings from crypto (whenever there is clear momentum).

I'm based in the EU, I have a company in the UK selling software and consulting services. I would like to have trading as my primary income in 2021, without banks closing me (recently revolut closed me for having transactions with brokers).

Which country would you suggest tax-wisely, and where your income can be safe in the banks, for US equities trading and forex? (Mostly in EU)

Cheers

Hello!

As the title suggests, I'm searching for the best country for someone that has his income primarily from trading.
I'm trading US equities (recently I've made the change to a US broker), Forex (broker regulated in Seychelles), and very few earnings from crypto (whenever there is clear momentum).

I'm based in the EU, I have a company in the UK selling software and consulting services. I would like to have trading as my primary income in 2021, without banks closing me (recently revolut closed me for having transactions with brokers).

Which country would you suggest tax-wisely, and where your income can be safe in the banks, for US equities trading and forex? (Mostly in EU)

Cheers
1)UAE
2)Singapore
3)Hongkong
4)SWITZERLAND
5)THE CAYMAN ISLANDS
6)BELGIUM
7)MALAYSIA

Reactions: KJK and georgio
1)UAE
2)Singapore
3)Hongkong
4)SWITZERLAND
5)THE CAYMAN ISLANDS
6)BELGIUM
7)MALAYSIA
Thanks for your insight!

UAE: I've heard things like when starting a company, a local has to possess more than 50% of the company, and Islamic accounts (for forex trading).. Those would not apply to me, but in general when I hear about such things I would be a bit scared to entrust my funds there.. (unless if it is possible for banking in other countries)

Hongkong: Would avoid for now because of the tensions in the area.

Belgium: Didn't expect it, why is that?

The rest of the options seem valid for me.

What about Cyprus? Couldn't find info online about that, and not sure if you have to pay the "military" tax they have.. Malta as well could be an option?

UAE freezone does not required partner. Do research .I think UAE is most underrated in this area.

Belgium isn’t exactly a low-tax country, even as far as Europe goes, but it’s zero capital gains rate in most cases is one of the best in Europe. The Netherlands also does not tax investment returns, but it does impose a sort of wealth tax on investments.

Capital gains tax (CGT) is charged at the rate of 20% on gains arising from the sale of immovable property in Cyprus or the sale of shares of companies which own immovable property in Cyprus. Gains from the sale of shares listed on any recognisable stock exchange are excluded.

UAE freezone does not required partner. Do research .I think UAE is most underrated in this area.

Belgium isn’t exactly a low-tax country, even as far as Europe goes, but it’s zero capital gains rate in most cases is one of the best in Europe. The Netherlands also does not tax investment returns, but it does impose a sort of wealth tax on investments.

Capital gains tax (CGT) is charged at the rate of 20% on gains arising from the sale of immovable property in Cyprus or the sale of shares of companies which own immovable property in Cyprus. Gains from the sale of shares listed on any recognisable stock exchange are excluded.
Indeed, need to research more about UAE. Regarding Cyprus, the 'Gains from the sale of shares listed on any recognisable stock exchange are excluded' means that shares from Nasdaq/Nyse are not taxed? For Forex which are CFDs I guess it's different than the shares..

1)UAE
2)Singapore
3)Hongkong
4)SWITZERLAND
5)THE CAYMAN ISLANDS
6)BELGIUM
7)MALAYSIA
If one does it professionally and use Internet, network latency needs to be considered. In that case, none of the Asian locations are acceptable. Europe is borderline and Caymans should be solid.

If one does it professionally and use Internet, network latency needs to be considered. In that case, none of the Asian locations are acceptable. Europe is borderline and Caymans should be solid.
Which kind of pro trading would require low latency and what latency would you consider acceptable ? I am guessing below 100ms ?

if you are not using algos, any decent internet connection should be enough.

Yes. I should probably add that some Asian and US brokers provide dedicated lines from major hubs.
For algo trading you need 4 or event 0.1. Depends if you are doing HFT or arbitrage

Latest Threads