Our valued sponsor

Best Jurisdiction for Online Business

Aerodave

May 30, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I am starting an online business with a partner, we are not selling goods but rather the use of some premium services of our webpage designed primarily for individuals. What would be the best jurisdiction to incorporate considering I am Maletese resident not domiciled and my partner is Spanish citizen and resident. The idea is to pay myself outside Malta so I don't have to pay taxes here and to also try to optimize the taxation of my partner in Spain probably with capital distributions by way of dividends.

I believe BVI may be a good option due to no corporate tax, no VAT, no reporting etc, is this correct? Moving to the banking I have seen in this forum Bank of Asia as an option, is this correct as well and can the bank account be opened remotely? As alternative would TransferWise allow me to open a bank account to receive payment from our clients.

If none of the above makes any sense to you which may perfectly be the case as I am a total newby - what would be your recommendation to structure the whole thing.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

If you are a resident in Malta the company will be deemed tax resident by Malta. Also all these offshore companies are very very hard to get a bank account for, and you will be probably left with the shady ones.

Why not just setup a Maltese company? It's only taxed at 5%. Why do you want to create so much hassle for yourself just to evade 5% in tax?
As far as I know the 5% only applies if you have a holding company otherwise is 35%

Hello,

I am starting an online business with a partner, we are not selling goods but rather the use of some premium services of our webpage designed primarily for individuals. What would be the best jurisdiction to incorporate considering I am Maletese resident not domiciled and my partner is Spanish citizen and resident. The idea is to pay myself outside Malta so I don't have to pay taxes here and to also try to optimize the taxation of my partner in Spain probably with capital distributions by way of dividends.

I believe BVI may be a good option due to no corporate tax, no VAT, no reporting etc, is this correct? Moving to the banking I have seen in this forum Bank of Asia as an option, is this correct as well and can the bank account be opened remotely? As alternative would TransferWise allow me to open a bank account to receive payment from our clients.

If none of the above makes any sense to you which may perfectly be the case as I am a total newby - what would be your recommendation to structure the whole thing.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
yes, banking must be considered when deciding to incorporate an offshore entity.

Latest Threads