Our valued sponsor

Best jurisdiction for real estate company - EU preferred

landogarner

Apr 28, 2020
Visit site
Hello everybody.

I own some real estate in a Western European country (not really big assets) and I would like to transfer them into a company before moving from this country to Malta. Sadly sales tax will apply on that transfer but that's the price I'll have to pay...

Now I am looking for the best jurisdiction for this company under total cost and safety aspects. As you see, no privacy targets involved, everything plain and official, I just don't want to be the direct owner of the real estate anymore.

Thanks for your input..

Maybe UK LLP? Or in some countries it's better to set up a company in that same country and have a UK LLP that owns this local company, but the cost will be higher. All depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Countries like Spain it gives no benefit owning property with an offshore company.

It may be better to register companies in the jurisdiction and then have a holiday company own them in the UK.

Reactions: Sir Gelato
Thanks to both of you and yes, I should explain what I would like to achieve.
Main target is low tax and high security asset holding especially with heritage to my children in mind. I have been thinking about a simple trust structure but I am unsure which jurisdiction might be best for that. There are Cyprus and Malta trusts but you never know what will happen in EU legally in the next decades - this system is getting really strange.. Of course there is BVI and there are US trusts both those seem to be quite expensive. Or maybe there is even a better solution than a trust ?

Thanks again !

What you need is a foundation.

Thanks to both of you and yes, I should explain what I would like to achieve.
Main target is low tax and high security asset holding especially with heritage to my children in mind. I have been thinking about a simple trust structure but I am unsure which jurisdiction might be best for that. There are Cyprus and Malta trusts but you never know what will happen in EU legally in the next decades - this system is getting really strange.. Of course there is BVI and there are US trusts both those seem to be quite expensive. Or maybe there is even a better solution than a trust ?

Thanks again !

Reactions: M4S

Latest Threads