Our valued sponsor

Best offshore formation for my startup (it's a mobile app)

AlbertBr

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
I want to launch my app in SouthEast Asia, China and India markets. If it's possible, I want my name stay as anonymous as possible, but I understand in case this is not possible.

I was thinking about doing a Nevis LLC first. Then, I would open a Hong Kong LLC (for Chinese markets) and Singapore LLC (for ASEAN countries markets) with my Nevis LLC as the only shareholder. I think that way my name is not public, right? I know I need a resident director for both HK and Singapore, but that way can I have a nominee director? For India I would use my Nevis LLC as 99.99% shareholder and would give 1 share for a local resident with the benefit of the share being my Nevis LLC. I also would use 2 nominee resident directors if it's possible.

I'm not an American/EU citizen.

Thanks for your insights.

Observation: I just started to study offshore incorporation recently, so please forgive me if I said something dumb/not possible. If you can, please refer me where I can study offshore incorporation (a link, book or an online course), I'll be grateful.

I also want to know if I can ask here advice on what companies which help you to incorporate offshore are legit. I imagine there are a lot of scams out there.
Thanks a lot.

Why do you have to have a company in each Jurisdiction?

HK and Singapore wont open you an account with a Nevis company shareholder.

You are better to use a Seychelles company but you still will have issues with the bank accounts opening.

As you will be getting paid from the Apple and Google it doesn't matter where your company is. Your other option is that you hold the IP in a Seychelles company then license it to your HK, India and Singapore companies.
Profit split on 90/10 to the Seychelles company.

I want to launch my app in SouthEast Asia, China and India markets. If it's possible, I want my name stay as anonymous as possible, but I understand in case this is not possible.

I was thinking about doing a Nevis LLC first. Then, I would open a Hong Kong LLC (for Chinese markets) and Singapore LLC (for ASEAN countries markets) with my Nevis LLC as the only shareholder. I think that way my name is not public, right? I know I need a resident director for both HK and Singapore, but that way can I have a nominee director? For India I would use my Nevis LLC as 99.99% shareholder and would give 1 share for a local resident with the benefit of the share being my Nevis LLC. I also would use 2 nominee resident directors if it's possible.

I'm not an American/EU citizen.

Thanks for your insights.

Observation: I just started to study offshore incorporation recently, so please forgive me if I said something dumb/not possible. If you can, please refer me where I can study offshore incorporation (a link, book or an online course), I'll be grateful.

Hey,

A lot of circumstances should be taken into account, such as customer geography, partners geography, personal circumstances, and many more. Happy to discuss it with you further.

As regards anonymity, you will have to disclose your identity to the registrar and financial institution, but nominees will protect your name for the public registries. So this probably solves most of your issues.

Why do you have to have a company in each Jurisdiction?
It's a peer-to-peer ride-sharing I'm building, with some modifications I made. I think I'll need a company in each country my business work.

HK and Singapore wont open you an account with a Nevis company shareholder.

You are better to use a Seychelles company but you still will have issues with the bank accounts opening.
Thanks for the info. I believe I don't need a bank account as I'll use fintech payment method and blockchain inside the app.

As you will be getting paid from the Apple and Google it doesn't matter where your company is. Your other option is that you hold the IP in a Seychelles company then license it to your HK, India and Singapore companies.
Profit split on 90/10 to the Seychelles company.
The app will be free. I'll make money from transactions inside the app.

Hey,

A lot of circumstances should be taken into account, such as customer geography, partners geography, personal circumstances, and many more. Happy to discuss it with you further.

As regards anonymity, you will have to disclose your identity to the registrar and financial institution, but nominees will protect your name for the public registries. So this probably solves most of your issues.
My customer base will be in the countries I listed: India, SouthEast Asia (see message above). I'm in Brazil. I thought that in Nevis your name don't go to public records, and it would be possible to open a company in other places as a subsidiary of Nevis company.

Last edited:

Latest Threads