Our valued sponsor

Best Residency in EU that makes the most sense Taxationwise?

You will be way better to just stay in Dubai and pay some taxes instead of dreaming about fantasyland tax structures to achieve 0% taxation which is more and more unrealistic.
Agreed, the UAE is an excellent place for tax residence.

Since he wants to live in the EU for at least six months a year, he just needs to be careful not to trigger tax residency outside of the UAE.

To my taste, UAE, with its 45+ degrees in August, is a tad too much, and likewise, winter in Europe is not that enjoyable climate-wise. I can imagine many people would feel travelling around would be the best solution.

You will be fine if you can afford to travel around maintaining a semi-habitual abode in certain jurisdictions. I can imagine that it can be an acceptable balance. Stick to Cyprus, Malta, and maybe some Eastern European countries or countries that are not super aggressive in taxing you, and you'll be fine.

Not everyone wants to live as a nomad their whole life. For example, if you need to school your kids, this lifestyle becomes more complex, so potentially, some sacrifices need to be made.

Last edited:
Give me examples
Dubai. Go to a random Mosque at midday in the suburbs. Park your car, leave the doors open and your laptop in the backseat, and see what happens. Most of these construction workers you see there make 200-300 USD per month and live with 4-5 people together in one studio apartment, yet you don't see crime, and nobody is going stab you or take your wallet.

Now check Birmingham, where the overall crime rate in 2022 was 145 crimes per 1,000 people, yet they make about 15x more in wages on average.
Google "Birmingham stabbed" at any time, filtering the past month. The oldest relevant news will almost never be older than 1 day.

Dubai. Go to a random Mosque at midday in the suburbs. Park your car, leave the doors open and your laptop in the backseat, and see what happens. Most of these construction workers you see there make 200-300 USD per month and live with 4-5 people together in one studio apartment, yet you don't see crime, and nobody is going stab you or take your wallet.

Now check Birmingham, where the overall crime rate in 2022 was 145 crimes per 1,000 people, yet they make about 15x more in wages on average.
Google "Birmingham stabbed" at any time, filtering the past month. The oldest relevant news will almost never be older than 1 day.
Dubai is exception!
Nobody would even think about it because fines + jail + deportation
Those workers work to feed their families back home
100$ is enough to feed a whole family back there.
Sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself for your loved ones.

Reactions: Trayon and Jbb1

There is still crime in Dubai, not as much as the West because in UAE they don't forgive. One mistake and you are either out of the country or in Prison, then deported. Pretty much the same as Singapore and Japan model.

Anyway still undecided on what to do. Too many variables and yes, I'd like to spend 6 months in each specific country and don't like to jet around too much.

Reactions: uranium
Thailand, Georgia, BG, etc

cmmon g dont confuse low wages with shitty culture
Is not about culture, it's just math. Low wages == poverty == crime where only a dictator can switch the rule by force (El Salvador for example). Let's take your examples: Georgia, 30 years ago they were almost 10 times poorer and had a criminal rate higher than what the US currently has (and the US is not a "safe" country), same with Thailand where they had a criminal rate similar to what today latam countries like Panama and Costa rica have

Very true. When I'm in Sofia I feel myself much safer at night than for instance in Birmingham. And they say that Bulgaria is the poorest among EU states.

Reactions: lmd95 and Trayon
Thailand, Georgia, BG, etc

cmmon g dont confuse low wages with shitty culture
Thailand third world country ruled by royal family, try to talk about politics
there.. cheap vacation spot full of British low budget retired people, will stay forever behind.
Georgia, full of russians and dependant on Russia, rose to fame lately because of offshore banking which I would never trust.
Bulgaria: lowest of EU, I wonder how they were allowed to join EU in first place.

If you want to know truth of any country, go to the worst place
Here is Georgia:
Now Thailand
End with Bulgaria

Last edited:
there.. cheap vacation spot full of British low budget retired people, will stay forever behind.
Georgia, full of russians and dependant on Russia, rose to fame lately because of offshore banking which I would never trust.
Bulgaria: lowest of EU, I wonder how they were allowed to join EU in first place.

Here is Georgia:
Now Thailand
End with Bulgaria
I'm from a western european country and I have lived for years in eastern european countries. They are way much safer than western Europe. A woman can go out in Prague, Budapest, Krakow, and so on, in the middle of the night to almost any place and she will be safe. Nobody have never tried to steal me or do something to me in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, or Ukraine. I cannot say the same about my home country in western Europe. For instance, how many terror attacks are there in these countries? Mugging? Rapes? Check Sweden numbers.

No need, I cannot vote any way. Im just here enjoying cheap stuff and nice food.

will stay forever behind.

Thats the point, cheaper places make my money go further.

Never been to Georgia ah?

easy connection to Greece, and blocks ships from the black sea to access the Balkans without EU approval.

Here is Georgia:
Now Thailand
End with Bulgaria

Im perfectly fine with this; you do the crime you pay the time. Im more than happy if their conditions are trash, next time think about the consequences of your actions.

I dont plan to go to prison any time soon tho, idk how can that affect me?

I'm from a western european country and I have lived for years in eastern european countries. They are way much safer than western Europe. A woman can go out in Prague, Budapest, Krakow, and so on, in the middle of the night to almost any place and she will be safe. Nobody have never tried to steal me or do something to me in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, or Ukraine. I cannot say the same about my home country in western Europe. For instance, how many terror attacks are there in these countries? Mugging? Rapes? Check Sweden numbers.
Sweden is not as safe as before because of immigration flood

No need, I cannot vote any way. Im just here enjoying cheap stuff and nice food.

Thats the point, cheaper places make my money go further.

Never been to Georgia ah?

easy connection to Greece, and blocks ships from the black sea to access the Balkans without EU approval.

Im perfectly fine with this; you do the crime you pay the time. Im more than happy if their conditions are trash, next time think about the consequences of your actions.

I dont plan to go to prison any time soon tho, idk how can that affect me?
You are taking advantage of the system!
Enjoy Thailand!
Many Europeans are following this path recently.
2k in Europe for blue collar lifestyle or 2k in a third world country for king lifestyle.
Your choice.

You are taking advantage of the system!
Enjoy Thailand!
Many Europeans are following this path recently.
2k in Europe for blue collar lifestyle or 2k in a third world country for king lifestyle.
Your choice.

F65SzXVXEAAkotI.jpeg

Thailand was my 1 choice for relocating before they changed the Tax law. I was about to purchase the Thai elite visa and now I'm in a limbo.

I wanted to spend 5x months a year in Europe, 5 months in Asia, and 1-2 months in my home country (Spain).

Thailand and Singapore being the first choices (all other asian countries I visited are complete s**t holes (Bali, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc) , or Tax hells (Japan, Korea).

It seems like in Europe the only decent places to live half a year are Warsaw/Krakow and maybe just maybe Bucharest if you avoid the gipsies and the poor quality food.
I was truly considering Kiev before the War started but now it's obviously a no go, they don't even have a airport.

Reactions: Marshal
Thailand was my 1 choice for relocating before they changed the Tax law. I was about to purchase the Thai elite visa and now I'm in a limbo.

Check Cyprus ,it interesting if you meet some criteria.

I wanted to spend 5x months a year in Europe, 5 months in Asia, and 1-2 months in my home country (Spain).

You can still do this, I believe the cut for TH taxes is after 6 months of residency?
Most people I know will just keep their money outside of TH or get loans against their company to circumvent this.

Thailand and Singapore being the first choices (all other asian countries I visited are complete s**t holes (Bali, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc) , or Tax hells (Japan, Korea).

Vietnam is not that bad tbh, Cambodia yeah I agree.

I was truly considering Kiev before the War started but now it's obviously a no go, they don't even have a airport.

Same cry&¤. Ive heard BG is not that bad (Varna), however it seems quite small to me.

I'm biased but I would say Hungary, max 15% flat income tax.

Quality of life is better than Bulgaria or Romania, while the tax is much lower than in Poland or Czech Republic.

Budapest is almost as good as Warsaw/Krakow/Prague.
The only disadvantage is if you don't speak the language you will struggle a little when you order your Tax Number, Residency card, Healthcare card from the government.

It seems like in Europe the only decent places to live half a year are Warsaw/Krakow and maybe just maybe Bucharest if you avoid the gipsies and the poor quality food.

I agree with @TheCryptoAnt, you can still do the same thing. If you don't spend 6 months in Thailand, you don't have to pay taxes.

Furthermore, the tax is only on the money you remit into Thailand. Since you're from Spain, it might actually be a good thing to do to become a tax resident of Thailand, remit some money, pay like $200 in taxes (yes, it's really low for the lower brackets), and get Hacienda off your back with some nice official papers from the Thai 'hacienda.'

Also, I agree with TheCryptoAnt about Vietnam. It's actually a pretty good place, and with an EU passport you can now stay up to 45 days per visit. Stay in cities like Ho Chi Minh or Da Nang in a luxurious Airbnb (cheap as hell) and have a blast. You can do it a couple of times a year for a total of 3 months in Vietnam and your tax planning.