Our valued sponsor

Best set up for onlyfans business earning $100k monthly? Dubai?

You still have to pay social security which is over ~25% of the income. So effective rate would be 4% + 25% = 29%.
@scooterguy
Can you please point me to the source where that is explained (best in Italian)? I believe it's not that high if you are a freelance and, in any case, there must be a cap. I do not believe you would pay 250K a year for social sec. on income of 1M.
Thanks

@scooterguy
Can you please point me to the source where that is explained (best in Italian)? I believe it's not that high if you are a freelance and, in any case, there must be a cap. I do not believe you would pay 250K a year for social sec. on income of 1M.
Thanks

It's all over the place; social security contributions are not included in the scheme. For example: “Impatriates” – 70%/90% Tax break to attract “human capital” to Italy – Italian Tax.

The exemption applies only to income taxes. It does not apply to statutory social security contributions (pension and healthcare) which will be calculated on 100% of salary.

Nor does the special regime provide any exemption from Italy’s foreign asset reporting requirements or reduction of wealth tax generally applicable to people who are tax resident in Italy for any year.

But yes, you're right, I didn't know there was a cap; the percentage is calculated only to the maximum of EUR 113,520 (Italy - Individual - Other taxes.).

So, if you make 1M and live in Sicily you'd pay only around 30K a year of social security. And then income tax on 100K EUR, so effective tax would be less than 10%.

Reactions: European
It's all over the place; social security contributions are not included in the scheme. For example: “Impatriates” – 70%/90% Tax break to attract “human capital” to Italy – Italian Tax.

The exemption applies only to income taxes. It does not apply to statutory social security contributions (pension and healthcare) which will be calculated on 100% of salary.

Nor does the special regime provide any exemption from Italy’s foreign asset reporting requirements or reduction of wealth tax generally applicable to people who are tax resident in Italy for any year.

But yes, you're right, I didn't know there was a cap; the percentage is calculated only to the maximum of EUR 113,520 (Italy - Individual - Other taxes.).

So, if you make 1M and live in Sicily you'd pay only around 30K a year of social security. And then income tax on 100K EUR, so effective tax would be less than 10%.

Exactly, so income tax would be around 30K, perhaps a bit less, plus the 30K for social security would mean an overall effective rate below 6% for 1M income, which is not bad at all.

Reactions: scooterguy
When doing Onlyfans you can't just move abroad to pay less tax, you need to check is legal wherever you want to move and that banks will allow you to open a bank account to receive money from OF. This is not crime in Andorra but as soon as they know your money comes from adult content they won't give you residency and no bank will accept you anyways. Also Onlyfans won't let you change your address in the page if you don't have an ID or lots of paperwork and banking statements to prove you really move. Maybe Eastern Europe, Portugal, a few countries in South America or somewhere in the Caribbean could be an option.
Btw you might be able to try in Andorra, I know about some OF people that got rejected but I chatted with someone recently that moved there doing OF, you can't bank there tho so need to figure out a way around.

Exactly, so income tax would be around 30K, perhaps a bit less, plus the 30K for social security would mean an overall effective rate below 6% for 1M income, which is not bad at all.

For 1M revenue, the income revenue would be 14.4k + 0.43*50k = 35.9k. So 36k. not "around 30k"

tax rates.png

For social security payment, please see this thread below, someone did choose Italy and mention "I only had to pay something like €3000/year for close to €200K annual income"... that means the SS payment is only 1.6% of total income. I saw one U.S woman on reddit who also reported to pay about 15-16% of the income "after tax credit, deduction" for SS contribution (aka 1.5-1.6% of the total income) and she also said it's possible to choose which country to pay this to, either Italy or home country, whichever makes sense and/pr result in lower payment. As a result, I believe the correct rate is 1.5-1.6%

Where did you get the number 30k as SS payment for 1M revenue? Can you cite legit source, which I did not see mentioned anywhere in your post? In many case, the real case is more trustworthy than internet number.

Per my calculation the effective income tax rate + social contribution fee amounts to 3.9-4.0% of total income...

Do correct me if I am wrong...thanks

Where did you get the number 30k as SS payment for 1M revenue? Can you cite legit source, which I did not see mentioned anywhere in your post? In many case, the real case is more trustworthy than internet number.

I cited many sources in my post above, including the cap on social security. Social security is calculated as a percentage of the maximum amount, but it's capped at 113,520 EUR.

In other words, for 1M revenue, social security would be 22%-26% of 113,520, which is 30K, more or less.

Income tax would be paid apart from SS, and would be calculated on 100,000 EUR.

I am very surprised to see no one has recommended Dominican Republic or Cayman islands, or Bahamas to you. I am considering one of those places because they all have zero income tax and zero property tax. Let me know what you think and I can elaborate on each one with the info I have learned so far.
Because many people around here don’t like the Caribbeans. Maybe because they want to keep distance from me :p

Me and my partner are looking at moving from our home in the UK to Dubai. We were wondering what the steps would be to do this. We both have UK passports and would be looking to relocate for tax reasons. We currently make around $100k per month, we’re unsure how would be best to go ahead with this tax wise.

Any advice would be appreciated!
lol I’ll tell ya this… move to the UAE while making income through only fans and be prepared to get a knock on your door and be taken in handcuffs and jailed for a very long time. The UAE is a playground for the rich, a safety haven, great for children and very attractive for taxation but that kind of stuff is not only prohibited but also the people of the country are always in support of tough laws to keep that stuff out of the country. They won’t be kind to you and you will get caught. It’s a tiny country with huge law enforcement and an over financed intel service that is doing just that all day and night

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
I am very surprised to see no one has recommended Dominican Republic or Cayman islands, or Bahamas to you. I am considering one of those places because they all have zero income tax and zero property tax. Let me know what you think and I can elaborate on each one with the info I have learned so far.

Those places are too far away, expensive, and isolated.

OP makes 100k a month, living in a place like Nassau will cost him at least 10% or 20% of that. Better to stay home and pay taxes.

Reactions: ilke
From what?

Far away from civilization :p

It depends where in Nassau. Anyway the Bahamas are not just NP.

I've been in the Caribbean countless times, but always as a tourist, so I might have a skewed view of prices.

So, let me ask you: suppose that someone had a budget of $5k a month. Where could this person live a comfortable life in a nice and safe area, in a somewhat big city (at least 50k population) somewhere in the Caribbean? Would that be possible?

Far away from civilization :p
Define civilization. Is that Starbucks?
So, let me ask you: suppose that someone had a budget of $5k a month. Where could this person live a comfortable life in a nice and safe area, in a somewhat big city (at least 50k population) somewhere in the Caribbean? Would that be possible?
Santo Domingo, Santiago, Puerto Plata, La Romana, Banì - all in the D.R.
St. George’s in Grenada
Plenty of other cities where you can have a great life with a $5k monthly budget but with population <50k

Ps there are 5 or 6 Starbucks in Santo Domingo

Latest Threads