Our valued sponsor

Best way to make profits by investing in Gold?

What is more important to you,

1. Security
2. Maximized gains

?

Buy physical if security. Store it yourself until you can get a good bargain on storage fees. Less than 10 kilos - store every ounce in home; 25 kilos and more - vault gets more attractive. With low amounts, storage fees aren't that good.

For maximized gains and speculation, ignore the metal and buy gold miner stocks instead. Hypothetically, if you have insider information that the German Central Bank is to buy 25 tons of gold over night, you're realistically eyeing 10-25% gains over 1 week while holding the metal. But about 50-200% gains over 1 week while holding gold mining stocks instead. Downside is the obvious downside.
Yeah that German buyside scenario works well, like we all sleep with Merkel overnight and get to access insider information which is also illegal to be used in the world of stock markets and trading.

Let the price retrace a little. If history and technicals show it the price is overstretched right now in bullish trend due to Covid 19, us economy etc. US govt is trying its best but somehow due to natural disaster nothing it's doing is helping except a rise stock prices but it's debt is rising. Forex, commodities are trading gold trying to short it as per technicals but fundamentally it can't be in short due to a strong fundamental reason. Fiat currents can't match gold. Situation is more desperate as cryptos have joined gold, silver too now.
You can always hedge your exposure:

buy 1KG worth of value at Aurilia.io in CGold form factor, which is digital gold certificates,CGOLD TOKENS (one CGOLD represents 1 gram of LBMA Good delivery Gold).

This way you remove the need for physical storage although there are many third party storage facilities like liemeta.li in Liechtenstein, that you can store up to 20kg of goods in a safe deposit box only for 350CHF/year.

The other remaining value of 1KG you can deposit in a trading platform, that let’s you not only speculate on the price but also deposit and withdraw, exchange gold to fiat within the same platform.

this way you can maximize your investment and minimize your exposure.
Gold hit the level 2000 usd an ounce and dropped right back. Let it calm down then sell and buy. I think market is driven purely on sentiments. It happened once in 2011 too but nothing was ever as big as Covid 19 in recent history. It's not good time to invest in precious metals or gold. Real estate in developing countries is much better option. Remember guys gold had fallen from 1900 plus to 1060 too.

Reactions: Mabelsfalling
Ebe
Yeah that German buyside scenario works well, like we all sleep with Merkel overnight and get to access insider information which is also illegal to be used in the world of stock markets and trading.
every big banks and hedge funds have betted on gold. 2000 level was an important level and someone sold gold in big lots to make it 5 usd less an ounce in a few minutes.

Gold hit the level 2000 usd an ounce and dropped right back. Let it calm down then sell and buy. I think market is driven purely on sentiments. It happened once in 2011 too but nothing was ever as big as Covid 19 in recent history. It's not good time to invest in precious metals or gold. Real estate in developing countries is much better option. Remember guys gold had fallen from 1900 plus to 1060 too.

that’s why I mentioned hedging.

if one buys 1kg of value with no tax in digital tokens there is no storage fee.

the other 1Kg can be deposited in a platform that acts like an exchange as well,

soon as the price starts to fall, you sell your digital gold for fiat puting your “physical” digital gold at minor loss, you short it simultaneously on the trading platform to hedge the risk and also break even if not in profit, and minimize the drawdown.

this is the worst case scenario.

best case scenario gold keeps rising, you take the profits from your trading position and buy more gold in the same digital form factor and you eventually double your investment by buying only 1kg and ending up with 2kg of value, and extra fiat in your trading platform to keep it as an safety mechanism. But surely isn’t suited for small investments or inexperienced investors.

that’s why I mentioned hedging.

if one buys 1kg of value with no tax in digital tokens there is no storage fee.

the other 1Kg can be deposited in a platform that acts like an exchange as well,

soon as the price starts to fall, you sell your digital gold for fiat puting your “physical” digital gold at minor loss, you short it simultaneously on the trading platform to hedge the risk and also break even if not in profit, and minimize the drawdown.

this is the worst case scenario.

best case scenario gold keeps rising, you take the profits from your trading position and buy more gold in the same digital form factor and you eventually double your investment by buying only 1kg and ending up with 2kg of value, and extra fiat in your trading platform to keep it as an safety mechanism. But surely isn’t suited for small investments or inexperienced investors.
I am a Forex commodity trader. Most of Forex market was expecting a big sell today but I was buying always when it was ranging since last Friday. We were expecting a big push tonorrow and Friday on NFP but smart money had other ideas to make it happen today. I was in buy from 1961 low today as market was ranging badly today but buy was the main trend purely on sentiments and from 1961 today. Anyways I got out at 2000. I think it should go higher than that till 2030 and fall down but very risky,

I am a Forex commodity trader. Most of Forex market was expecting a big sell today but I was buying always when it was ranging since last Friday. We were expecting a big push tonorrow and Friday on NFP but smart money had other ideas to make it happen today. I was in buy from 1961 low today as market was ranging badly today but buy was the main trend purely on sentiments and from 1961 today. Anyways I got out at 2000. I think it should go higher than that till 2030 and fall down but very risky,

I used to trade forex myself, and commodities but he was asking totally a different question.
Online trading platforms let you speculate on gold and other commodities, you don’t own them.

My suggestion was to hedge exposure, own and trade at the same time, with practically very small risk, no security concerns, no vault fees, and zero taxes.

Suggesting to buy mining stocks instead of physical gold to evade storage fees is absurd when the model I suggested let’s you own gold without physical storage fee and security concerns either.

You never know how the mining company will perform in relation to market conditions, competition, price, etc. You have to swift through dozens or hundreds or reports, quality control reports, earnings reports and then consider the overall market sentiment, specially in these times when fundamental analysis don’t apply anymore.

Also you handicap yourself, both ways, increase of price of gold is not translated directly with the value of the mining company, since it’s value depends on it’s performance and mining volume.

Same goes for decrease of the price, you have to take into consideration any liability that mining company has, it’s own supply, etc.

It’s the same if someone wanted to invest in Oil, and rather than investing on it, to invest in drilling and oil companies.

Reactions: thomasparra
What about mining ETFs? Could they be an option maybe?

Obviously a better choice rather than investing in a single particular mining company stock.
It is an added layer of comfort , but still you either will go long or short with such etf’s, which doesn’t give you much room to play, if you were to hold even physical gold as well.

that’s why digital CGold tokens paired with an precious metals exchange platform that provides you with a trading environment and seamlessly you are able to trade and exchange gold into fiat and vice versa are the best way to go.

When the obvious purpose is to outline the strengths of gold stocks in gain maximization, and some virtual gold/hedging expert weighs in like this. doh948""

Let me repeat the ridiculously simple, but best advice on topic.

You buy gold physically to store purchasing power, or in the form of mining stocks to accomodate more speculative greed. Futures are a third option for day traders. Other forms of gold offered on markets at best duplicate the strengths and weaknesses of simple instruments but with more middlemen involved.

...buy 1KG worth of value at Aurilia.io in CGold form factor, which is digital gold certificates,CGOLD TOKENS...

Or buy some shitcoin backed by gold. Both work well until the music stops.

...that’s why digital CGold tokens paired with an precious metals exchange platform that provides you with a trading environment and seamlessly you are able to trade and exchange gold into fiat and vice versa are the best way to go.

There is no argument to buy up virtual gold in the form of Deposit Certificates even from the most reputable Swiss banks.

Deposit Certificates significantly outnumber the units of gold they claim to represent. The industry should have already learned its lessons from 1971 USD peg removal. But there's still a deluded opportunist, every now-and-then, who thinks that the private, often shady and unknown ultimate issuers of gold Deposit Certificates will do a more honest job than the U.S. government.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvio
When the obvious purpose is to outline the strengths of gold stocks in gain maximization, and some virtual gold/hedging expert weighs in like this. doh948""

Let me repeat the ridiculously simple, but best advice on topic.

You buy gold physically to store purchasing power, or in the form of mining stocks to accomodate more speculative greed. Futures are a third option for day traders. Other forms of gold offered on markets at best duplicate the strengths and weaknesses of simple instruments but with more middlemen involved.

Or buy some shitcoin backed by gold. Both work well until the music stops.

There is no argument to buy up virtual gold in the form of Deposit Certificates even from the most reputable Swiss banks.

Deposit Certificates significantly outnumber the units of gold they claim to represent. The industry should have already learned its lessons from 1971 USD peg removal. But there's still a deluded opportunist, every now-and-then, who thinks that the private, often shady and unknown ultimate issuers of gold Deposit Certificates will do a more honest job than the U.S. government.
[/QUOTE

the audacity to mention US GOV & honesty in the same sentence after 2008

I am not associated with any of those,
it was just a opinion based on my humble knowledge.

I was referring to digital gold tokens since you brought up the “storage fee” and security concerns in your first reply, and yet have to hear someone not being able to cash out or exchange those into physical gold in the most prestigious financial jurisdictions such as Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

I don’t see any intermediaries more than you would see for any other instrument or product in the markets, but you’re the expert I guess, the one that receives insider trading tips before Powell shops gold.

Apologies mi Federal Reserve lord..

Watch out you don't spill over the printer... brrrrrr brrrrr hap¤#"

I'm all about physical myself, be he was asking about making a profitable investment, I sourced a solution
that erases storage and security from the equation, simple as that, regarding the outnumbering anything in the markets is abstract, overvalued, overpriced, so as you said till the music stops, everybody keeps dancing.

• Haha
Reactions: Tax Cow
What is more important to you,

1. Security
2. Maximized gains

?

Buy physical if security. Store it yourself until you can get a good bargain on storage fees. Less than 10 kilos - store every ounce in home; 25 kilos and more - vault gets more attractive. With low amounts, storage fees aren't that good.

For maximized gains and speculation, ignore the metal and buy gold miner stocks instead. Hypothetically, if you have insider information that the German Central Bank is to buy 25 tons of gold over night, you're realistically eyeing 10-25% gains over 1 week while holding the metal. But about 50-200% gains over 1 week while holding gold mining stocks instead. Downside is the obvious downside.

No VAT for gold in Germany! No income tax! You shouldn't just sell it for a year after purchase.

Info: Gold und Silber – welche Steuern fallen beim Kauf an?

Obviously a better choice rather than investing in a single particular mining company stock.
It is an added layer of comfort , but still you either will go long or short with such etf’s, which doesn’t give you much room to play, if you were to hold even physical gold as well.

that’s why digital CGold tokens paired with an precious metals exchange platform that provides you with a trading environment and seamlessly you are able to trade and exchange gold into fiat and vice versa are the best way to go.

For CGOLD you mean this?:

I don't think shorting gold is a good idea, unless you are a day trader and you spend all your day looking at charts and trying to time the market. If you are one of the very few doing so and beating the average earnings of the SP500, good for you.

Even after elections and vaccine there is something very different than in 2008-2009 crisis and the decade of economic bonanza following it. QE just became rose to a ridiculous level (everywhere), so the scarcity of the gold has never been so appealing. Sure it will not continue rising as it now, but with a flood of fiat currency on the markets, and 0 or negative interest rates, investors are and will be doing anything not to hold currency ( hence TSLA stock, BTC, gold, all rising ).

I consider the GDLM ticker a good option if you are a small fry like me.

I have only made a huge plus with the Gold investment so far and will not short nor will I be afraid of that I ever will lose any money on this beautyful and tax free investment ;)

Reactions: JohnLocke
As I stated earlier Gold was due for a big correction but seriously no one thought it would hit 1863. Then we bought gold when it finally rested and now it's going to sell again but I will start my sell once I see a good sell signal on daily so far it's on buy spree but it should sell soon.

Latest Threads