Our valued sponsor

BIOT citizenship through citizenship by naturalization in the Caribbean

I am wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of anyone who has obtained British Overseas Territory (BIOT) British citizenship by living full time or part time in the Caribbean. I know the Caribbean CBI programs are promoted and are a great option if you have $100-200k to invest,

If you don't have this amount, what about living in Dominca, Antigua, Grenada (minimum 7 years) or Barbados for 5 years full or part time? Does anyone have any experience with these options. Living on a Caribbean warm island does not sound like a bad option. Is living there full time enforced or is this even an option for a US citizen or is citizenship by CBI the only route?

Passportskr

BIOT is the British Indian Ocean Territory. Thought you were planning on living on a US/UK military base. ;)

I am wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of anyone who has obtained British Overseas Territory (BIOT) British citizenship by living full time or part time in the Caribbean.
The path towards UK citizenship by living in British overseas territories is long and difficult. I've had it explained to me a few times and every time. The paths don't always lead towards UK citizenship if you weren't born there. Or it does if you've lived 10 or 20 years or the "majority of your adult life" there. It's not very well documented and seems to be subject to a lot of whims.

If you don't have this amount, what about living in Dominca, Antigua, Grenada (minimum 7 years) or Barbados for 5 years full or part time? Does anyone have any experience with these options. Living on a Caribbean warm island does not sound like a bad option.
None of those are British territories.

The British Overseas Territories in the Caribbean are Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, and Turks and Caicos Islands. Bermuda often gets lumped in with them, despite not being in the Caribbean.

If you're comfortable living in the Caribbean, the Dominican Republic has a much faster and clearer path to citizenship through residence. It's not the best passport in the world, though.

Latest Threads