web
counter

Bitfinex starting to report to CRS / FATCA

Discussion in 'E-currency and Cryptocurrency exchange service' started by respect, May 17, 2018.

1. respect

respect Offshore Agent Entrepreneur

Some Bitfinex clients have received the following email:

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts on this?

I am really disappointed by this email, and a lot of customers are going to stop using Bitfinex because of this.

Adam14, jonage, auric and 1 other person like this.
  2. Admin

Admin Forum Moderator The Forum Cleaner

Thank you for letting us know. This seems to be the start for the crypto world to slowly turn into a regulated environment :(

extremedox101 likes this.
  3. auric

auric Offshore Agent Mentor Group Business Angel

I read it today on ccn - anyway, wonder if some of the other major exchanges will follow this trend :mad:

4. Frederic

Frederic New Member

Questions is what shall happen if you don't submit anything?

5. respect

respect Offshore Agent Entrepreneur

A lot of people won't submit anything. Either they close your account or put it on hold, I suppose.

Expect the crypto volume to be reduced drastically in the coming days: Bitfinex Trade Volume and Market Listings | CoinMarketCap - Right now at $814M per day

6. THR2017

THR2017 New Member

Their official tweet @bitfinex ...

Bitfinex on Twitter

I guess case by case basis. Maybe only people that are from certain jurisdictions and/or have used FIAT to withdraw/deposit. Any feedback from anyone who did receive the request?

7. John Spectre

John Spectre New Member

I received this request.
    I'm verified user on bitfinex, but NOT from US(fatca) or crs supported country.
    Also I didn't do any withdraw\deposit used FIAT. Only crypto involved.
    I guess they send requests for verified users who have large deposits(there are plenty suggests about deposit size that trigger request: 10k$, 100k$. 250k$. But nobody know for sure)