Our valued sponsor

BONI in Nevis having regulator problem ?

Jeannot

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
Dear everyone,

Does anyone here have a bank account at BONI (Bank of Nevis International Limited) ?

A partner of mine has a bank account there in Nevis, and the outgoing transactions are not possible since October 2021. The bank says they have a correspondent bank problem, but having contacted the company service provider on this matter, they answered it is a general problem with the Regulators.

Does anyone know anything about that ?

Avoid Banking in Nevis like the plague - it's the same kind of bank like Caye International Bank in Belize.

Just because they updated there WordPress Webpage doesn't mean they are more legit same goes for "Hamilton Reserve Bank" or other joker banks.

Just take a look on how they position themselves - you will see serious banks would never present themselves like this "Offshore Banks".

Dear everyone,

Does anyone here have a bank account at BONI (Bank of Nevis International Limited) ?

A partner of mine has a bank account there in Nevis, and the outgoing transactions are not possible since October 2021. The bank says they have a correspondent bank problem, but having contacted the company service provider on this matter, they answered it is a general problem with the Regulators.

Does anyone know anything about that ?
I opened an account in January 2022 on the direction of my Asset Protection attorney based on his 15 year relationship with the bank. In February I attempted to wire funds back to the USA on the purchase of property. BONI told me they had a temporary problem with wiring money to the USA, but should have it resolved in a few weeks. It is now late October of 2022 and I still have not been able to have access to my money. They gave me a list of countries they said they could wire to. The Swiss were on the list. I set up an account there. They told me they would have to send the money in Euros. I said that would be fine. Since June of 2022 I have filled out the paperwork for the wire 5 times to Boni's satisfaction. Still nothing. All I have been told is they have "technical issues." They won't tell me what they technical issues are. There is a company called Thunes in Singapore that will handle the wire for them. Thunes tells me they don't have a technical issue and the bank should contact them and they will assist. Boni has not done so. Last week I was emailed by a man saying he is the Chairman of the Board of Boni. His name is Tope Elusogbon. As it turns out he is an attorney in Nigeria. The Regulators of Nevis are no help. Twice we have contacted the Premier of the country and he offered no assistance. Now I find out they lost the ability to wire outward money in October of 2021. The pursued me opening an account after that date fully well knowing I would not be able to get my funds back out. Frankly, at this point I believe BONI has committed wire fraud, and has done this to other people. I believe this is an ongoing criminal enterprise. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thunes ois it a bank? sound like some kind of scams
And all those Northern Cyprus offshore banks which do not actually exist and for which you have vouched for? Markus, please make all of us favour and leave this forum for good... You are the same person behind rey skywalker account and "Northern Cyprus offshore banking" operations, that's for sure.

@James Spader @Martin Everson could you please have a closer look at this account finally and see same writing pattern, same protection of Northern Cyprus offshore banking scams and issue this guy a "red card"?

Reactions: JohnLocke
I opened an account in January 2022 on the direction of my Asset Protection attorney based on his 15 year relationship with the bank. In February I attempted to wire funds back to the USA on the purchase of property. BONI told me they had a temporary problem with wiring money to the USA, but should have it resolved in a few weeks.

You opened with this Nevis Bank which has its correspondence account with InvestTrust Bank in Zambia in Africa. This did not worry you?

The owner of BONI is Michael Prest and has very strong connections to Africa as you can see on his personal website below. He is actually very well respected.

Last week I was emailed by a man saying he is the Chairman of the Board of Boni. His name is Tope Elusogbon. As it turns out he is an attorney in Nigeria.

Michael Prest the owner of the BONI is Nigerian whose father was chief of staff for the former president of Nigeria Shehu Shagari. He himself is an oil and gas tycoon who made his money in the sector and is doing new ventures everywhere (see below link). The bank and trust company as you may not know is one of his ventures.

Frankly, at this point I believe BONI has committed wire fraud, and has done this to other people. I believe this is an ongoing criminal enterprise.

I hope this is not the case. If it was there is more money to be made in Africa than going after you as the owner is well connected. It's more likely BONI have correspondence banking problems. As if you mix Africa commodities activity, Nigeria factor and offshore Nevis it is next to impossible for them to maintain correspondence banking relationships with any intermediary bank in today's world :confused:. After all Nigeria is a place where the below happens in the oil sector i.e hidden pipelines use to smuggle oil...lol.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

You need to sue your asset protection attorney. Did he do his due diligence or tell you any of this? You can't protect your assets by sending them offshore to a bank in Nevis owned by the son of an ex-Nigerian senior politician...just saying....lol.

P.S Slightly off topic but I think this is Michael Prest ex-wifes house in London is up for sale..but I could be wrong ;).

I opened an account in January 2022 on the direction of my Asset Protection attorney based on his 15 year relationship with the bank.

Just for the record. There are two different Bank Of Nevis's that people often get confused about.

1. The Bank of Nevis Limited
2. Bank of Nevis International Limited (BONI)

The later (2) was bought by Petrodel Investment Advisers back in 2019 which is Michael Prest. The bank was the former international banking unit of The Bank of Nevis Limited (1). The two have no connection now. So any 15 year relationship your attorney talks of with BONI would have been when it was under prior ownership and not under new ownership which is totally different.

You opened with this Nevis Bank which has its correspondence account with InvestTrust Bank in Zambia in Africa. This did not worry you?
Oh my, if I was in OP's position I would have stopped after seeing this before transferring a single $ to that account.

Oh my, if I was in OP's position I would have stopped after seeing this before transferring a single $ to that account.
When I opened the account with Boni I was told the correspondent bank was Chase. Also the money I wired to them went through Chase. In February of 2022 I attempted to have some of my own money wired back to me and that's when I was told they no longer had a relationship with Chase and they were attempting to find a new Correspondent. Now they use Thunes in Singapore. THunes can't send money to the USA. So I opened a Swiss account and asked that a wire to be sent to the Swiss Bank. The money has to be sent in Euros, which I can live with. Since this has occurred I have only been able to get a little over $30,000 out of Boni. They have every excuse in the world why they can't send it, but none of it makes sense. My attorney tried to work with the Nevis Regulators to resolved getting my money back out. As it turns out, BONI has sued the Nevis Regulators on an individual basis, so they are not helpful at all. The attorney even contacted the Premier and his recommendation is to sue BONI. Good luck with that. I regret the day the Asset Protection firm suggested I do anything in Nevis.

InvestTrust Bank in Zambia , is a po box bank with not even a website, i contact a friend of mine in lusaka he said no one use this bank, in zambia you have seroius banks like citibank.
but this bank is not the case , i suggest to find a lawyer is nevis and put a criminal charge for fraud is not any more a civil matter

The bank was the former international banking unit of The Bank of Nevis Limited (1). The two have no connection now. So any 15 year relationship your attorney talks of with BONI would have been when it was under prior ownership and not under new ownership which is totally different.
And he did it again. That's valuable information for your lawyer.

Latest Threads