Our valued sponsor

Question Business KYC fails due to me being overseas... how to buy business crypto?

Beardking

Apr 28, 2022
Abroad
Visit site
Caught in a bit of a tangle here.

Some of our staff is in a certain suddenly-sanctioned country and the normal payment routes (Wise, UpWork, etc.) no longer route.

Last year we attempted to open a business account with Kraken. We went back and forth with the Kraken KYC department for several months; they really tried to get us set up. Requested a million documents. But ultimately we were told we were not approved.

I'm a US citizen with a US business, but I live overseas. I do not have anything local under my name and am in some ways off the grid. When Kraken wanted local utility bills to show a residence, or a rental agreement, or anything else, well, I don't have those under my name in any country. Tried signing my name as well on a foreign rental agreement and submitting that to them, but they ultimately rejected the application.

I am apparently un-KYC-able. At least in some circumstances.

I've tried using Payeer... Perfect Money... ADVCash... all are blocked to US citizens, whether at home or abroad. Tried setting up Bankera but am running into bigger and bigger KYC document requests trying to get that set up, now with a 450 EUR non-refundable application fee (if you aren't approved, no refunds! Yikes).

The only thing I can think is using Zelle --> Bisq for P2P Bitcoin purchases, though there are some concerns there about whether our bank will flag our account if we suddenly start having various Zelle transactions. Hopefully(?) not?

Anyone have any solutions for this?

@Beardking

get a fully verified EMI setup for the above purpose.
Most EMIs avoid onboarding US based activities and origins.

a fully verified EMI of choice would suffice as, your currently outside US territory.

bank could request POF with an increase in Zelle payments, if such TRX history pops out from nowhere in multiples.

Reactions: Beardking
@VESTANON,

Thanks! I completely overlooked Wise as an option for funding Bisq buys.

We're already set up on there and use Wise for paying a number of our staff.

Should be straightforward to start making a few purchases here and there with Wise, and it looks like the per-trade limit for that payment option on Bisq is decent.

bank could request POF with an increase in Zelle payments, if such TRX history pops out from nowhere in multiples.

Zelle would need to be linked to our bank account, and the bank would know what funds we have in the account.

Is there a reason the bank would request PoF, when the bank itself is the one holding the funds?

@VESTANON,

Thanks! I completely overlooked Wise as an option for funding Bisq buys.

We're already set up on there and use Wise for paying a number of our staff.

Should be straightforward to start making a few purchases here and there with Wise, and it looks like the per-trade limit for that payment option on Bisq is decent.

Zelle would need to be linked to our bank account, and the bank would know what funds we have in the account.

Is there a reason the bank would request PoF, when the bank itself is the one holding the funds?
@Beardking

yea in situations where sending and receiving entities are autonomous and non related to each other..
thus far Zelle and your bank are seperate entities i assume, as you made no mention of the receiving bank in question...
if the scenario of zelle --->bisq then bisq as the receiving bank would request POF, might not be at the initial stage, but at some points POF is triggered, by receiving bank under DD terms etc

Latest Threads