Our valued sponsor

Buying a car in Europe with a offshore bank account

I mentioned one below. But you maybe too poor for that option...no offense.

btw most countries that offer this you need money. Maybe also register in Dubai and then ship your car to Portugal and drive round the main high streets all day with Dubai plates like us Arabs doh948"".

i'm definitely too poor for that.
I just need a car so i can finally stop working 15 hours a day and go visit friends and family without having to take a taxi, probably wasted over 10k last year on taxi

I just need a car so i can finally stop working 15 hours a day and go visit friends and family without having to take a taxi, probably wasted over 10k last year on taxi

Just find a good independent leasing company ideally across the border and lease one on 12 month basis. You get insurance, registration and everything taken care off.

Luckily I am not a European so when I am in Europe I can get good rental from companies like below. Although the dealer I use has been in the Netherlands and does sportier cars ;).

Short-Term Leasing (Tourist Car Leases)

Reactions: rewindghost
Just find a good independent leasing company ideally across the border and lease one on 12 month basis. You get insurance, registration and everything taken care off.

Luckily I am not a European so when I am in Europe I can get good rental from companies like below. Although the dealer I use has been in the Netherlands and does sportier cars ;).

Short-Term Leasing (Tourist Car Leases)
I will complain this time, we were talking about ferraris and you brought us renault, citroen etc Let s make this at least some mercedes SL ok ?

I've searched everywhere today, and can't find anywhere that has a p100d (700hp version) for leasing. They only lease the s**t version... so i'll have to forget about leasing it or renting.

Where are you planning to use those 700hp in Portugal? Half of it would be more than enough. It's your choice ofcourse, people are just giving you wise solutions. If you need a car just to avoid taking taxies, you probably want to have a shinny car (a.k.a. pussy magnet). Don't forget that your intention is to keep yourself out of a tax radar. Your ambitions could drive you to hell, if you won't act smartly.

Reactions: Martin Everson
btw most countries that offer this you need money. Maybe also register in Dubai and then ship your car to Portugal and drive round the main high streets all day with Dubai plates like us Arabs doh948"".
That's the best suggestion for 2020 - Wonder what the tax authorities in the different EU countries will do if we all will do that.

I know for sure that where I live the will kick your a*s and fine you until you don't have more money left rof/%

Wonder what the tax authorities in the different EU countries will do if we all will do that.

Wonder no more: A few years ago an arab with a golden Mercedes S500 (German plates) moved into a small Finnish city. He was living large, even claiming to be a prince. The story ended with an investigation of tax and bookkeeping fraud etc. His Mercedes & other valuables were impounded and his company went bankrupt.

I don't speak Finnish language, so I can't get all the juicy details, but for pictures you can click "Prince RJ1"

His Mercedes & other valuables were impounded and his company went bankrupt.
Exactly what I know they do in most parts if not all of the wonderful European Union :)

Reactions: OTR365
Wonder no more: A few years ago an arab with a golden Mercedes S500 (German plates) moved into a small Finnish city. He was living large, even claiming to be a prince. The story ended with an investigation of tax and bookkeeping fraud etc. His Mercedes & other valuables were impounded and his company went bankrupt.

I don't speak Finnish language, so I can't get all the juicy details, but for pictures you can click "Prince RJ1"
wasn t he covered by diplomatic immunity ?

I will complain this time, we were talking about ferraris and you brought us renault, citroen etc Let s make this at least some mercedes SL ok ?

lol...my bad. You can look up sports car rental companies.

Apparently diplomatic immunity does not cover fake princes. He should have made a deal with some poor Arab country (Jemen, Comoros...) to become their ambassador in that city.

You mean like Boris Becker did when creditors came after him. He claimed diplomatic status from Central Africa Republic smi(&%

I've searched everywhere today, and can't find anywhere that has a p100d (700hp version) for leasing. They only lease the s**t version... so i'll have to forget about leasing it or renting.

lol..your a joker. A Tesla is a poorly built crap car from a failing company run by the worlds biggest cash burner. Have you even driven a p100d as I have. It is as refined as Donald Trump with the build quality of an early 2000's Hyundai....no joke. When they have Stevie Wonder as their quality assurance officer waving them through the production line these things happen with poor fit and finish.

Reactions: OTR365
It may be the best solution to many hear if that is really possible. I mean, if you can get Diplomat status somewhere in Africa that easy why not :D

Actually I didn't know that Boris Becker was declared bankruptcy the last time I saw him in television was showing him walking around in Harods with his kid spending a few hundred thousand euro on clothes.

I am speechless:D. I meant it as a joke - didn't know someone had actually attempted this. I guess Mr. Becker started his diplomatic career too late.

Trust me if you can think it then someone will have the guts to attempt it. In my situation I can actually buy diplomatic immunity if I needed too. However making myself a PEP would be suicide right now in terms of maintaining all my bank accounts.

Actually I didn't know that Boris Becker was declared bankruptcy the last time I saw him in television was showing him walking around in Harods with his kid spending a few hundred thousand euro on clothes.

He been out of money for many years now. To think as a teen I used to wear Puma Becker trainers that was the equivalent of Nike Air Jordan's. He has Swiss holding companies etc. He was reckless with his spending, divorces etc and it all took him from a multi-millionaire to a pauper begging to do TV sports commentary jobs and having salary taken :confused:. Let that be a lesson to Mr Tesla here to be wise with your money while you have it as it will not last for ever if you buy depreciating assets and make bad choices with women etc.

in all things related to citizenship and passports I would stay away from things you can "buy" because as instantly as you buy them , the same instantly people that selled their "product" to you are going to denounce you. But with the right investment in money and time, sometimes one can achieve very interesting results, if he knows ofcourse where he is fishing...

You don't want to pay any taxes but want a Tesla and drive it on the roads where you live built by public (Tax) money and maybe charge on the free public chargers, get free universal healthcare and education, etc.
What I'm saying is, if you plan your taxes wisely where you live you can have a decent take-home pay after taxes with lesser need of offshore. That's what I've learned from experience.

Reactions: Gediminas
Taxes for 80k+ in a year
Vat 23%, IRS 48%, social security 29,6%

Clearly you have NO IDEA how companies work. These amounts are the tax you will pay if you pay yourself a salary and buy a car with that money.

What you actually need to do is setup a company in Portugal, get 100k in the company, buy the used car with companies money 80k, spend some money on accounting, smallest salary 1k/month. At the end of the year you will have:

1. car you want registered at your company (not your private name), with local plates.
2. salary (small but salary), social insurance, pension fund
3. you'll pay the income tax on maybe 5k remaining in your company

It's simple as a pie.
If anyone asks you anything - you own a company, you pay yourself salary, pay corporate taxes, you pay social contributions, and the car is company's car and you have a right to use it.

Very simple stuff...

Also WAAAAY much cheaper than any Cyprus/Giblartar stuff mentioned.

Also if your company is VAT registered, you can deduct that 23% VAT on many things you buy. Just find a good accountant.

He does not want to pay any taxes. So if anything happens to his Tesla and he has to go the police. Who he thinks is paying for the police? :rolleyes:. I said from beginning he is tooooooo immature to understand anything. He just wants a Tesla like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum that wants a new toy and he has undeclared offshore money to buy one so there you go....lol.

If you have the car in the company name you have to pay withholding tax and can't claim mileage from the company (tax free), on the other hand if the car is registered on your name and you are a company employee you can claim unlimited mileage from the company every month...

He does not want to pay any taxes. So if anything happens to his Tesla and he has to go the police. Who he thinks is paying for the police? :rolleyes:. I said from beginning he is tooooooo immature to understand anything. He just wants a Tesla like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum that wants a new toy and he has undeclared offshore money to buy one so there you go....lol.

False, i wouldn't matter paying for a normal tax system. But in this country its literally stealing!!!
I'm fine with paying 25%, thats totally fair, but 70-80% ITS f*****g ABSURD