Our valued sponsor

Can anybody recommend a real bank with ~0 monthly fees + remote opening? HK company

hongkonghomie

Apr 20, 2022
HK
Visit site
Hi,
I registered a company in Hong Kong, applied for a Neat account, and got declined. I specified that I do 1) software development 2) dietary supplement manufacturing and distribution. I have no idea why they declined.

I do have an HK company account opened on Payoneer. Currenxie is pending any response.

1. I tried looking into mercury.com, but they demand EIN code on the application page. Can I obtain it for my HK company? Also, if it's possible and I obtain it, will my company classify as regarding doing "US trade or business"? Because I don't want to receive an obligation to pay tax for e-commerce revenue from US customers.

2. However, I would like to have an account with a real bank rather than an electronic money institution. Is there any bank where I could open an account remotely + have minimal monthly fees? I tried inquiring local banks where I live, and they all demand a 500€ upfront fee just to check the application and then at least a 50€/month maintenance fee, which I don't like.

3. Is there any person connected with Neat company on this forum, who could check my application again? Because I have clean income, no high-risk business, I even showed them the bank statement of the other company I own in Europe just to show income. Now that I write this, there was a payment to Pakistan account visible on that statement, however, it's for a university academic research study that I funded. It's ridiculous they declined. Don't even know the reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: troubled soul

Latest Threads