Our valued sponsor

Can Anyone Recommend a US Bank That Allows Remote Business Account Opening from Lebanon?

Hello everyone,
I'm from Lebanon, and I'm working on starting an LLC company in the USA. I want to do this remotely, without having to travel to the USA. However, I've come across some information saying that banks in the USA don't allow opening a business bank account from Lebanon.
Does anyone here know of a bank in the USA that would allow me to open a business bank account remotely from Lebanon? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for your help!

The first thing you’ll need is a Tax ID, if you don’t have that you won’t be able to open an account. Secondly, no bank in the US will open a business account remotely for a “non US Person”. You’d have to visit a branch with your documents and speak to someone. Also, Lebanon is considered a high risk country for most U.S. banks nowadays due to current political events and most banks won’t touch anything that comes from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexmorgan
As already described, you are not allowed to open a bank account in the USA when you neither have a company nor are a resident in the USA - There was a possibility at one time to register a Wyoming LLC and then open an account with Zenus or Mercury - but you should check if it is still an option.

Such a solution can be set up for a few hundred dollars and is quick and easy to do.

As already described, you are not allowed to open a bank account in the USA when you neither have a company nor are a resident in the USA - There was a possibility at one time to register a Wyoming LLC and then open an account with Zenus or Mercury - but you should check if it is still an option.

Such a solution can be set up for a few hundred dollars and is quick and easy to do.
Since when does Zenus offers business accounts ?

The first thing you’ll need is a Tax ID, if you don’t have that you won’t be able to open an account. Secondly, no bank in the US will open a business account remotely for a “non US Person”. You’d have to visit a branch with your documents and speak to someone. Also, Lebanon is considered a high risk country for most U.S. banks nowadays due to current political events and most banks won’t touch anything that comes from there.

Hello Yrybak08 and Lory,

Thank you both for the information and help. It's greatly appreciated.

I've been in touch with a company that assists in setting up LLC companies in the USA remotely, specifically in Delaware. They offer a range of services, including obtaining an EIN (Employer Identification Number) for the company. However, when it came to banking, they informed me that due to my Lebanese nationality, while they could assist with the EIN and company formation, banks would likely refuse to open an account for me. They mentioned working with Mercury, but as I checked, Mercury explicitly states they cannot open accounts for founders operating in several countries, including Lebanon.

Given this situation, I'm eager to find out what the next steps could be regarding the banking issue after successfully establishing my company in the USA. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of any banks within the USA that are open to Lebanese nationals, considering all my documents are in order and can be submitted?

Furthermore, I'm interested in exploring payment platforms like PayPal and Stripe, which are operational in the USA. If anyone has insights on how to integrate these payment methods for a US-based company managed from Lebanon, I would be very grateful.

Your guidance has been invaluable, and any further assistance or advice on navigating these challenges would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your help and support.

Hello Yrybak08 and Lory,

Thank you both for the information and help. It's greatly appreciated.

I've been in touch with a company that assists in setting up LLC companies in the USA remotely, specifically in Delaware. They offer a range of services, including obtaining an EIN (Employer Identification Number) for the company. However, when it came to banking, they informed me that due to my Lebanese nationality, while they could assist with the EIN and company formation, banks would likely refuse to open an account for me. They mentioned working with Mercury, but as I checked, Mercury explicitly states they cannot open accounts for founders operating in several countries, including Lebanon.

Given this situation, I'm eager to find out what the next steps could be regarding the banking issue after successfully establishing my company in the USA. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of any banks within the USA that are open to Lebanese nationals, considering all my documents are in order and can be submitted?

Furthermore, I'm interested in exploring payment platforms like PayPal and Stripe, which are operational in the USA. If anyone has insights on how to integrate these payment methods for a US-based company managed from Lebanon, I would be very grateful.

Your guidance has been invaluable, and any further assistance or advice on navigating these challenges would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your help and support.
This is exactly what I mentioned in my initial post. Your nationality will be a problem even though I can assure you it is almost impossible for a non resident to open an account remotely. Especially one who doesn’t have a social security number. Banking will be tough unless you can visit the U.S. in person and provide proof of address in the U.S. Some banks might be ok opening an account with a W8-BEN and simply bypass the RF flag nation initially since you’d be in the U.S. with a U.S. address and therefore less ties to Lebanon. Once your info hits the back office the next morning, they might or might not block the account due to the Lebanese part. GL

Just a thought, if one opens an account with Wise using a US LLC, wouldn't they provide a US account number or offer the possibility for it? They do it, for example, with Germany, Switzerland, England, etc., right?

You want to check this thread

Reactions: wonderfulboy

Zenus will open you an account in Puerto Rico not in a US bank like mercury

Just a thought, if one opens an account with Wise using a US LLC, wouldn't they provide a US account number or offer the possibility for it? They do it, for example, with Germany, Switzerland, England, etc., right?

Wise lost US banking partner

I think with the Lebanese residency, it will be hard, no matter what you do. Even if you are in the US. Your best luck will be with EMIs that allow US companies.

I am not sure how this is correct, but they state that Lenabese residents will not be able to open an account. I personally do not think so, but there are santions against people in Lebanon making it difficult for banks to assess whether you are part of the group that tried to undermine the democratic processes of Lebanon.

It probably is most effective to look for another residency elsewhere and use that address.

They open business accounts?
Yes, but minium balance is 250k

Also, if you look online, many nomads like them, but it only worked as long as they thought you are resident in the US, with US address and IP etc. I would not recomment that route as your account is facing closure daily.

Reactions: Forester
Charles Schwab
Also, if you look online, many nomads like them, but it only worked as long as they thought you are resident in the US, with US address and IP etc. I would not recomment that route as your account is facing closure daily.

Thank you

I guess i will open with them remotely but i hope they are not like JPMORGAN that close accounts like crazy

I think with the Lebanese residency, it will be hard, no matter what you do. Even if you are in the US. Your best luck will be with EMIs that allow US companies.

I am not sure how this is correct, but they state that Lenabese residents will not be able to open an account. I personally do not think so, but there are santions against people in Lebanon making it difficult for banks to assess whether you are part of the group that tried to undermine the democratic processes of Lebanon.

It probably is most effective to look for another residency elsewhere and use that address.

You can use Schwab international which is thought for non US residents.

The unfortunate reality is that a lot of banks think that Lebanon = Hezbollah. Unless you're a very wealthy client, or at the very least are introduced by a trusted party who has vetted you.

Lebanon is considered a high risk territory. Recommendations that might work for people from low risk territories might not apply to Lebanese persons unfortunately.