Our valued sponsor

Can EU seizes money from my UAE bank accounts ?

Lawyers have a duty to inform the state when aware of a crime being conspired.
100% this! They are officers of the state! (According to my lawyers before I fired them and went Pro Se).

PS. The judges barked, so I told them if they liked the lawyers so much, they should hire them ... instead of having them as co-counsel of the prosecution rof/% smi(&% - Ohhhhh.... I was popular with them smi(&%

• Haha
Reactions: wellington
“top tier” lawyers
Correct! But herein lies the rub! Former prosecutors or politically connected & privileged lawyers tend to get away with it. ;)

PS. For example, Scott Rothstein,
Scott Rothstein Gets 50 Years In $1.2 Billion Ponzi Scheme. South Florida mini-Madoff tells the court, 'I don't expect your forgiveness.'

Funny note...if you look on the bop.gov you can see he is NO longer in BOP's custody. I wonder what kind of deal he cut with them...

1699974135907.png

PSS. I keep a list of these "anomalies" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wellington
Talk to them. Based on my 40 years of EU experience, I say that if you talk to them, the amount will decrease significantly and they will offer ease of payment. You have no salvation. Don't make your life dark. UAE will not be able to protect you as you think. UAE also has laws. It also matters which EU country you are in. Each country has its own unwritten traditional rules. I advise you to think calmly.

They could start criminal investigation on you because of unpaid tax and ask for your extradition to your country lol
Depends, if the information was accessible for them or should've been without you trying to hide it, then it is not criminal, it is just you owing them money. Even if you didn't report. This is the law in many countries.

They cannot take your money if you are proven resident of the new country. This is written in the bilateral OECD legislation for assistance in collecting tax debt. However, if you are considered a criminal, then they could go a different path but still I think this is unlikely. Some things you can do:

- Get residency in the new country and open the bank account with the new residence card. This way, they cannot use the bilateral OECD legislation to take your money, as long as you are not accused of crime.

- Bank in a non CRS country, or use another passport to register for your bank accounts if possible. I think holding stocks or placing funds in trusts is not covered by the CRS as well.

Think twice paying them back. If it would be easy for them to take the money, they would have taken it without threatening you. But make a calculated decision. I do not know your exact situation. Keep in mind they have to take you to court before being able to use the bilateral OECD legislation. And NEVER keep any funds within the EU, much easier for them to collect. Keep track of the statute of limitations. Sometimes it can be extended in case you live abroad so there is not really an upside for you telling them you live abroad. In case of any new tax investigation, the actual place of abode would decide your fate anyways, not what you told them in the past.

And lastly, they will not freeze your passport only for debt. They might do it if you get convicted, but not for debt. And you have enough time to get a new one by living 1 year in Argentina etc.

Reactions: Forester and jafo
unfortunatly if they have a court order it can be enforced in dubai quite easy, the can froze your assets in dubai , they might not be able to get them but the sheik will protect your funds in his own bank account , i know wkat i am talking about i am facing similar issues , i got money frozen almost 2 years no hope to have any answer form court is just postponing and postponing , i have hope to see the funds in the next 5 years according to my lawyer

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
unfortunatly if they have a court order it can be enforced in dubai quite easy, the can froze your assets in dubai , they might not be able to get them but the sheik will protect your funds in his own bank account , i know wkat i am talking about i am facing similar issues , i got money frozen almost 2 years no hope to have any answer form court is just postponing and postponing , i have hope to see the funds in the next 5 years according to my lawyer
I agree on the court order, that makes things more ugly. Did you register your bank account with your own passport or with the UAE residence card? Did your home country know about your UAE residency?

Reactions: wellington and jafo
Talk to them. Based on my 40 years of EU experience, I say that if you talk to them, the amount will decrease significantly and they will offer ease of payment. You have no salvation. Don't make your life dark. UAE will not be able to protect you as you think. UAE also has laws. It also matters which EU country you are in. Each country has its own unwritten traditional rules. I advise you to think calmly.
UAE introduced taxation, the issue with extradition was two fold.
-No extradition treaty.
-Not a crime in UAE.

UAE is increasingly introducing laws to sync up with the rest of the world.

So extradition (tax evasion) is something they can now accept extradition requests over.

For example.
Hush Puppy couldn't be extradited to the US, because there was no laws that made his crime a crime... so they revoked his visa and walked him to the plane where the FBI cuffed him.

Now a lot of these crimes (overseas) are recognised in UAE as they've introduced laws for such.

Again, i revert back to the introduction of corporate tax, thus evasion can be charged as a crime internally to revoke visa and extradite on request.

It's not a stretch to say the legalise of their new laws will enable them to accept personal extradition requests for tax evasion also.

Reactions: jafo and isyet
Hush Puppy couldn't be extradited to the US, because there was no laws that made his crime a crime... so they revoked his visa and walked him to the plane where the FBI cuffed him.
To those who want to read more about this, here:
Hushpuppi's lawyer says FBI 'kidnapped' Nigerian Instagrammer from Dubai.

To those unfamiliar with US tactics, they do this in Latin America and the Caribbean several times a day and TWICE on Sundays & Holidays rof/%

What is anyone going to do about it? :rolleyes:
If they can put handcuffs on you, it's OVER! Whether you are the right guy or not! :rolleyes:
1700060924675.png

Source: An innocent man spent a year in jail, just because his name was Carlos

Don't do social media and do NOT start lawsuits where your name is floating around.
If you can brag and show opulence on social media = you have money!
If you start lawsuits = you have money!
End result = you are a target because you have money!
You are a target for criminal gang members with batches, i.e. law enforcement, and for those WITHOUT badges i.e. street thugs. stupi#21

and this is NOT a new trend either!!! It's been happening for as long as I can remember.

Law enforcement stole more stuff from people than burglars did last year.png

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tuff-from-people-than-burglars-did-last-year/

Govern yourself accordingly! ;)

I'm curious: is the 150K an exit tax?
A good point. I'd also guess that at least a part could be an exit tax... (what I consider a pure robbery).
It really depends on which EU country is after you and how much they believe you owe them in taxes and duties. Some countries just threaten, and nothing more happens. Other countries are serious and will do everything to collect the money.
Exactly. The intra-EU differencies are really huge.
Get a lawyer, get an accountant, start the appealing process.
Don't tell them where you live (yet).
I second that.

?? @wellington, could you please elaborate more on that? I consider to be a standard, at least in Europe and Northern America, that your advocate/solicitor etc. must not tell anything to anyone about you and you activity without your consent... So the exact opposite.

?? @wellington, could you please elaborate more on that? I consider to be a standard, at least in Europe and Northern America, that your advocate/solicitor etc. must not tell anything to anyone about you and you activity without your consent... So the exact opposite.
I'm also interested in @wellington to expand on this, *BUT*...I know for a fact (personal knowledge, as I witnessed it) that it happens every day and twice on Sundays.

In theory, you are correct, but in practice, things are quite different.

Lawyers have always trumpeted this: Lawyers as Officers of the Court.

and the reality synchronizes with their boasting:
Australian defence lawyer named as police informant.

In the US, it is rampant. I have personal experience here. There are several cases on Lexis Nexis and Westlaw where one can read that lawyers surreptitiously record their clients, i.e. the defendants.
Rule 3.7 Lawyer As Witness - Comment

and here:
When Lawyers Testify Against a Client

In Europe, I can only go by what my retired neighbor and former judge told me in the 70s when I was a kid. I have NO experience with this. So, I won't opine.

In Japan, they have this: Japan FTC Proposes New Attorney-Client Privilege Rules for Public Comment

In Latin America? rof/% Let your imagination run wild ;)

Should we even discuss China? I hope not rof/%

If you have a lawyer with morals and that abides by such rules you should drop him immedietaly.
Sidenote - I'm afraid of gen z becoming lawyers.

As a lawyer myself, would rather lose my right to practice than testifhy against a client. Client = family, small circle and everything stays in. Any lawyer that does otherwise belongs in a body bag.

it depends where your court order is coming from. Both me and some of my friends and clients have "tax dues" in some EU countries such as CZ, SK, RO, BG, PL, LT, EE, LV, AT and none of those countries weere able to collect any dues, bring anyone back or block their passports even after guilty verdict in court under criminal investigation. We're talking about millions of Euro, multiple people, various businesses. However the investigations were always related to caroussels, tax evasion etc. and never anything harsh like narcotics.

Last edited:
I'm also interested in @wellington to expand on this, *BUT*...I know for a fact (personal knowledge, as I witnessed it) that it happens every day and twice on Sundays.

In theory, you are correct, but in practice, things are quite different.

Lawyers have always trumpeted this: Lawyers as Officers of the Court.

and the reality synchronizes with their boasting:
Australian defence lawyer named as police informant.

In the US, it is rampant. I have personal experience here. There are several cases on Lexis Nexis and Westlaw where one can read that lawyers surreptitiously record their clients, i.e. the defendants.
Rule 3.7 Lawyer As Witness - Comment

and here:
When Lawyers Testify Against a Client

In Europe, I can only go by what my retired neighbor and former judge told me in the 70s when I was a kid. I have NO experience with this. So, I won't opine.

In Japan, they have this: Japan FTC Proposes New Attorney-Client Privilege Rules for Public Comment

In Latin America? rof/% Let your imagination run wild ;)

Should we even discuss China? I hope not rof/%
Well, yes. (I have looked at a glance at the information you referred to.) The world is going really crazy...
If you have a lawyer with morals and that abides by such rules you should drop him immedietaly.

As a lawyer myself, would rather lose my right to practice than testifhy against a client. Client = family, small circle and everything stays in. Any lawyer that does otherwise belongs in a body bag.
I am happy to see that there are still lawyers with this attitude. (I share this, although being just a consultant – and more or less retired, in addition.)
BTW, this is a really interesting note, @Helkins. I guess that I perhaps understand where are you pointing; but would you mind eventually to elaborate a little bit more? Nevertherless, I am aware that this is OT for this thread ( you can eventually start a new one in Let's Talk forum, or so...).
it depends where your court order is coming from. Both me and some of my friends and clients have "tax dues" in some EU countries such as CZ, SK, RO, BG, PL, LT, EE, LV, AT and none of those countries weere able to collect any dues, bring anyone back or block their passports even after guilty verdict in court under criminal investigation. We're talking about millions of Euro, multiple people, various businesses. However the investigations were always related to caroussels, tax evasion etc. and never anything harsh like narcotics.
It corresponds to the information that I heard in the past – but just heard, no direct experience.

I agree with this 100%! I knew, for example, at least 7 in the US (out of meeting thousands in +2 decades). Four have now passed away. RIP. One has been disbarred after losing a jury trial, one got so scared he switched to being an in-house lawyer for a company that does insurance, and only one is practicing in a major law firm in Chicago. The disbarred one and the one still practicing are OFF-the-chain brilliant.
As a lawyer myself, would rather lose my right to practice than testifhy against a client.
My solution to this is that ALL lawyers inform their clients of the probability of lawyers themselves becoming a target of the state and make their clients watch a video explaining AGAIN to their clients that their own lawyers could become targets of the state once the state realizes that what stands between the state and the client is the lawyer, and if that happens, the clients should be aware/conscious that the lawyers could be cornered and intimidated akin to any unarmed victim would be cornered and vulnerable in a heavily armed Mexican cartel region. Example: American tourists get lost in heavily armed Cartel-dominated territory in Mexico.

- Bank in a non CRS country, or use another passport to register for your bank accounts if possible. I think holding stocks or placing funds in trusts is not covered by the CRS as well.
Its more about non-crs solutions than non-crs jurisdictions these days.
I don't think many people would have success banking assets in Belarus or Somalia, or are ready to move there.
Certain trust structures can be the solution indeed.

Problems can indeed follow to other jurisdiction.
Best asset protection vehicles are the ones that cant be taken away from you, or the transfer of assets to them be considered fraudulent.

Best asset protection vehicles are the ones that cant be taken away from you, or the transfer of assets to them be considered fraudulent.
Can you give us some examples?

Do you mean they cannot access the funds only in UAE or in other places too? I have little idea why it matters where the order comes from. What difference does it make if an order comes from Germany or from the Czech Republic?

I am happy to see that there are still lawyers with this attitude. (I share this, although being just a consultant – and more or less retired, in addition.)
There is some although it's very hard to come by. Thesedays majority of the people are so brainwashed by the state and scared of consequances that they sacrifice their own values.

BTW, this is a really interesting note, @Helkins. I guess that I perhaps understand where are you pointing; but would you mind eventually to elaborate a little bit more? Nevertherless, I am aware that this is OT for this thread ( you can eventually start a new one in Let's Talk forum, or so...).
I wanted to check what they're teaching these days at the university so I signed up to a LLM at a UK uni with a focus on International Tax and Trade Law. What I've experienced so far, talking with the students is that they're there to get a degree and work for good money - that's it. I do understand their point but they don't care about the laws, they don't care about the industry, they just care about that it's sort of well paid compared to others. Not only that but it's full of "snowflakes" that are identifying as that or that, in no world would I want a unstable mentally lawyer to be advising me in any way. If this is the future of the industry then the general population is doomed and courtrooms are gonna be filled with colorful heads. Another thing is, the classes teach about absolutely nothing, have nothing to do with real world problems and put a big pressure on learning about the morality, emotions and ethical conduct. Ethical conduct seemed to be one of the most important courses. During the group projects if your idea is creative and using interantional regulations (or neutral [grey area] solutions) to your benefit and gaining a sort of competitive advantage you're going to be failed. I almost got kicked out of uni for sharing my ideas and "spoiling the youth".

Last thing, I have long lasting professiona experience, yet when I was returning my papers what was graded most were the proper use of OSCOLA and punctuation rather than the content of my work.

I agree with this 100%! I knew, for example, at least 7 in the US (out of meeting thousands in +2 decades). Four have now passed away. RIP. One has been disbarred after losing a jury trial, one got so scared he switched to being an in-house lawyer for a company that does insurance, and only one is practicing in a major law firm in Chicago. The disbarred one and the one still practicing are OFF-the-chain brilliant.
When the governments are starting to go after the lawyers we know that the world is heading into a wrong direction. Everyone wants a peaceful life so it's understandable why majority of weak mentally professionals choose to side with the government.

Do you mean they cannot access the funds only in UAE or in other places too? I have little idea why it matters where the order comes from. What difference does it make if an order comes from Germany or from the Czech Republic?
It's about the interantional influence of respective coutries and their internal legislation regarding taxation and debt. Germany is strong internationally and goes after people hard, Czech Republic isn't - not only that but the legislators in some of those Eastern European countries do tax avoidance and evasion themselves so they're not going to be closing the loopholes and making a precedent against their interest.