Our valued sponsor

Question Can I use wechat or alipay in europe

Pro Member
May 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking to receive funds from a company in China and they offer alipay, wechat or paypal (which I'd rather avoid because of high fees and chargeback risk), does anyone know if I can use any of these wallets as european citizen in similar way to paypal, receive funds and then withdraw them? Or maybe there is some other payment method I could propose that them and I can use? (They said wise is banned, crypto is banned and they didn't want bank account transfer). As I can see alipay only allows adding chinese bank card and wechat I assume similar so it does not seem possible but I'd rather confirm on the forum. Thanks

Hi, I'm looking to receive funds from a company in China and they offer alipay, wechat or paypal (which I'd rather avoid because of high fees and chargeback risk), does anyone know if I can use any of these wallets as european citizen in similar way to paypal, receive funds and then withdraw them? Or maybe there is some other payment method I could propose that them and I can use? (They said wise is banned, crypto is banned and they didn't want bank account transfer). As I can see alipay only allows adding chinese bank card and wechat I assume similar so it does not seem possible but I'd rather confirm on the forum. Thanks
Only when you have a Chinese bank account you can open a wechat or alipay account.
To open a Chinese bank account you need to live in China and open in person.

China has strict capital controls to move money in or out China.

Payoneer can be opened easily by Chinese companies and could be an option. Otherwise PayPal seems to be your only option left.

Yes you can. Try below provider.

Reactions: overnbeyond
Yes you can. Try below provider.

Great thanks a lot this is exactly what I needed, I just registered and Im waiting for KYC to be accepted (they charge 19 EUR KYC fee, reasonable unlike bankera thieves!!!) I will update here how it goes

Great thanks a lot this is exactly what I needed, I just registered and Im waiting for KYC to be accepted (they charge 19 EUR KYC fee, reasonable unlike bankera thieves!!!) I will update here how it goes
Good luck! If you share your experience, it will be greatly appreciated.
If it evt. fails (hopefully not), you can perhaps consider opening accounts (for you and your Chinese partner) with some reputable Hong Kong EMI (Currenxie, Airwallex, Statrys). I am sure that Currenxie and Airwallex accept Chinese companies, Statrys very probably. You did not mention the location of your company but as you could apply to OuiTrust, I guess it would not be a problem for EMIs I have named above.

Yup would definitely want to get some feedback on their service. i.e are they selling you a chicken but putting duck on your plate?

Latest Threads