Our valued sponsor

caye bank international belize

My account was opened shortly after writing the post on this thread, but it pains me to come back here. Caye told me (in these exact words), that "on receipt of initial funds, your account access will be available in 24-48hrs."

Now have been waiting 14 days. They have confirmed that they have received my deposit already but when I ask why I don't have access yet, they keep saying they're waiting for the "go-ahead" from the operations team, even though access was supposed to be granted in 24-48 hrs.

@cayerep do you have an honest explanation for this? Why is the process so painfully slow, and why did you tell me to only wait 1-2 days? I would like to contact someone in upper management to tell them how I feel as I am sure they would agree it would be unacceptable to mislead clients, does anyone have their email addresses?

My account was opened shortly after writing the post on this thread, but it pains me to come back here. Caye told me (in these exact words), that "on receipt of initial funds, your account access will be available in 24-48hrs."

Now have been waiting 14 days. They have confirmed that they have received my deposit already but when I ask why I don't have access yet, they keep saying they're waiting for the "go-ahead" from the operations team, even though access was supposed to be granted in 24-48 hrs.

@cayerep do you have an honest explanation for this? Why is the process so painfully slow, and why did you tell me to only wait 1-2 days? I would like to contact someone in upper management to tell them how I feel as I am sure they would agree it would be unacceptable to mislead clients, does anyone have their email addresses?
Dear @theoffshoretech, thank you for sharing your concerns with Caye International Bank and please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response.

Upon review of your account, online access was granted a few days after your account was activated, rather than when your initial funds were sent. In your particular case, as was explained in correspondence at the time with you, the manner in which you initially wired your funds were not able to be received at the bank. However, once this situation was rectified, your account was active and online access was granted.

Also, upon review of your account history, Caye International Bank acknowledges you were one of only a handful of clients who did not have the best experience while opening your account. International banking is an ever-changing environment and banks with whom we work periodically can abruptly change their risk tolerance, which has a ripple effect on our ability to serve clients for whom Caye would like to do business with. Unfortunately, your bank account opening process was affected in this way, however, ultimately Caye was able to open an account for you and grant you the online access you requested and enable wire transfers.

Caye International Bank would like to share with the readers of this blog that we are in the process of making a large capital investment into infrastructure of the bank and will be implementing new banking software platforms shortly that would enable better ways in which to financially serve all of our current and future clients.

If you or any of the readers of this blog require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Client Services at Caye by email or phone anytime – contact details on CIB’s website: www.cayebank.bz

Reactions: ElPatron
Hello Cayerep.... Here is this question: As a potential client, how can I be assured my funds transferred to a Caye Int. Bank account are going to be safe and not the victim of fraud? Let's suppose from the beginning I am suitable to open an account. Thank you @cayerep
Good day Kaizerq,

Thank you for your interest in Caye International Bank. Much obliged to make your acquaintance.

In regards to your query, please note that our bank has set out guidelines that not only guard our clients against fraud/scams but by extension the bank itself. We have a number of procedural processes that we undertake to verify authenticity and we do not transact unless we are absolutely certain and satisfied that all those criteria are met before doing so.

Let me know if you would like further information. You can reach me directly at [email protected]

Enjoy the day ahead.

Reactions: clemens
Does your bank has any insurance that protect our funds held by your bank?
They never answered as it looks. Anyone else has some positive feedback for Caya Bank?

Good day Cbipro,

While Caye International Bank (CIB) does not offer FDIC type of insurance on accounts, depositors can feel safe when depositing their money because essential bank reserve requirements for CIB in Belize are at least four times the reserve requirements of those in the United States for their local banks. Thus, CIB has one of the highest liquidity ratios of any global bank, and this is currently set at approximately 24%.

It’s also important to add that CIB has been recognized in the international banking community as an outstanding bank a number of times and has been awarded as the Best Private Bank in Belize three years in a row by Global Finance Magazine. This honor would not have been bestowed upon CIB if it was not a “legitimate” bank as the newcomer “cbipro” insinuates. CIB has proudly been in business in Belize since 2003 and is continuously improving its operations to be able to serve its clients well into the future.

Why would they, as long as they are around and no one has any reporting for them in the negatives I'm all in. I have been happy using this bank for some time. Only sending small amounts forth and back there.

Reactions: lavel
I opened an account with them. They did changed correspondent bank three times...!! holy F, while my account was with them. It started with one small nobody knows bank in some hidden town in the US, then went to Puerto Rico and at the end something else. BUT, the representatives always responded to my emails even when my account had only 2,000 usd. Then I made the fearless move of sending usd52,000. My situation was a bit complicated. When sending the money, the senders said it was confusing and people form Caye bank even had conf calls with the other bank people to organise the transfer. I held the money there for about three months and sent it to the US, except for 4000. All good. Then I sent 4,000 to across the Atlantic, and I received even a favourable exchange rate. Closed the account through the direct contact of one executive and All good. Luigi the "Fraudster" was always following because I bothered him previously. He always replied. He actually contacted me with other money managers of good reputation and bigger company brands.
My experience is a positive one. I closed the account in 2021.

Be careful with Caye International Bank. The vice president Luigi Wewege is a known fraudster. Read more here - Devil's Associates – Leaf Tracker
There was nothing in any of those articles about Luigi Wewege committing fraud. Engaging in slimy politics? Yes. Knowing other people who may have committed some type of fraud? Yes. Fraud committed by him? No.

The title of one article sums it up best: "The colourful life and times of Luigi Wewege" Living a colorful life does not constitute fraud.

People should be careful about spreading false innuendo.

If you just want to earn interest, why not deposit your dollars in a company like BlockFi who will pay you upwards of 6 to 8% a year with your money in USD stable coins?
you are goin off topic! There is no need for it here!

Latest Threads