Our valued sponsor

Question Cheapest & Best jurisdiction for managing third party funds without license

dailycontractor

Oct 18, 2022
Italy
Visit site
Dear members,
EU resident
I'm looking for the best suitable jurisdiction and a cheap one, to be able to accepts third party funds for managing crypto for some customers.
Also I would like to be able to incorporate in place where the UBO's are not public, be able to open a bank account and use exchanges as business account.

I've been looking for uk ltd, but without nominee I can not have the privacy that I want or maybe a Delaware LLC, but I am not sure if the IRS can f***** me up and if it's possible to open in many exchanges.

So, basically the best and cheapest option to manage funds and be able to work with exchanges, amounts between 300-700k

Thanks

Unless you are just a passive shareholder with the management and regulated activities being carried out by people in the offshore location, the fund management is being carried out by you. The regulations for managing collective investments will depend on your EU jurisdiction of residence. The consumer finance regulation will depend on the location of your investors.

Exchanges might want to see that you have the necessary licenses as a fund manager in your jurisdiction, as well as to service your investors in their jurisdictions. If you are unlucky they will onboard you and take your money, before some months or years later freezing your funds while they do the diligence work on you and your investors.

Dear members,
EU resident
I'm looking for the best suitable jurisdiction and a cheap one, to be able to accepts third party funds for managing crypto for some customers.
Also I would like to be able to incorporate in place where the UBO's are not public, be able to open a bank account and use exchanges as business account.

I've been looking for uk ltd, but without nominee I can not have the privacy that I want or maybe a Delaware LLC, but I am not sure if the IRS can f***** me up and if it's possible to open in many exchanges.

So, basically the best and cheapest option to manage funds and be able to work with exchanges, amounts between 300-700k

Thanks
I have more or less the same need.
I was exploring the possibility to establish an hedge fund in DIFC (Dubai) but you would have to obtain a license as a fund manager from and generally abide by DFSA's regulation which doesn't appear to be as lenient as I wished.
I've been told by a consultant the most lenient jurisdiction for funds is Cayman Islands, they've give me an outlook but I haven't conducted proper research from different sources yet.
Another idea I've had to work around retail investors regulations (Mifid etc) is the tokenization of a company, i.e. to sell tokens whose value is linked to the equity of a company to the public but I haven't done much research on that either.
At the end of the day yeah you can get many advices but nobody is risking his a*s besides you, you know, and imho collectin money from the public (especially from EU retail investors) is really a mined field.
In any case I would be glad to keep in touch with you and share our findings on the topic, if any.
Lmk your thoughts

Latest Threads