Our valued sponsor

CIM bank AEOI

ivan1911

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone ,

I saw a few threads on CIM bank and I see most people are satisfied with their service.
My question for you experts is will cim bank share my info according to AEOI?
I live inside EU and technically they should automatically share that information .
If that is true then there is no point for me to open account with them.

My purpose for opening account with them (personal) would be to transfer my legal cash to them and perhaps 10.000€ per year of cash. I asked if I can add 10.000€ cash per year and CIM told me it's absolutely fine as long as I don't start doing it on a monthly basis... or 'relatively' often... I don't trust my government (Croatia) and would like to keep my money somewhere safe.

I did a lot of research and found different things.. among one of them I find interesting :

This agreement includes the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) which obliges Swiss banks to automatically send foreign tax authorities the client's name, address, domicile, tax number, date of birth, account number, account balance at years end, and the gross investment income.The CRS does not, however, override the Swiss Banking Law of 1934, so the client's expenses (withdrawals) and investments are not disclosed. Thus tax authorities cannot "go fishing" for tax evaders, they must directly link a financial crime to the client's account. The disclosed information can only be used for tax auditing and Swiss authorities may prevent disclosure.

This would mean that my information would indeed be shared but if i spend that 10.000 before the years end tax authorities wouldn't find out about it..
Also I'm not talking about multi million transfers just a few thousand euros here and there..

Thank you for your time !

When you live in the EU and have a CH bank account, the swiss bank will transfer your EoY (End of Year) balance to Swiss fiscal authorities whom will relay it to their EU brethern (the country where you are a fiscal resident).

Why not open an account in ME?

Reactions: ivan1911
sorry for my ignorance by I don't know what country is ME.

I was thinking Swiss as it would be like 80 to 90% legit money.. and they have a long lasting banking history and I feel my money would be safe there.

Thank you for your answer @Milky Moon

@Tamarind it could be more than 20k , I could do 50k but don't want to as banking in Switzerland makes no sense if they indeed send info to my home country.
Liechtenstein is also sharing info as i understand so that would make no sense as well. Or am I missing something ?

@countryfree So you keep your money there as savings or you actually use the bank card to withdraw money , pay for services etc..

Also I take it that i have swift and iban in ME bank and can receive payments from usa , eu and the rest of the world..

@negon it will be hard to find a bank that will open account remotely as they are all classic banks and it would be hard to believe that they have some virtual banks or similar..
as for opening account with a visit you will need a passport and ID. I'm not aware you need any other info.