Our valued sponsor

CIMB Bank (cimbanque.com)

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
Anyone have experience, did a interview a few weeks ago, passed, deposited 5,000 today so the account could be opened and immediately got a email saying have to do KYC and provide a CV.

Kinda backwards, f**k knows what happens to the cash if you don't pass their checks.

Reactions: EliasIT and uplana
Anyone have experience, did a interview a few weeks ago, passed, deposited 5,000 today so the account could be opened and immediately got a email saying have to do KYC and provide a CV.

Kinda backwards, f**k knows what happens to the cash if you don't pass their checks.

Don't worry about CIM Banque at all. They are legitimate, and our company referred many clients to CIM Banque already. Internet banking is quite smooth and modern. All kinds of fees are rather expensive, compare to other banks.

BigUnicorn is right, they are a regulated institution in Switzerland (it's not a first-class bank in Switzerland).

You will be returned your $5,000 if your application will be rejected, as quick as they receive it from you. However, I hardly saw any application that couldn't pass the opening process. The staffs are quite helpful and open to help you to archive your goal to open your bank account. It doesn't mean that you could have the account forever. CIM Banque is quite strict these days regarding incoming and outgoing payments. Be prepared to be asked for supporting documents for most of your payments.

IMO, it's the best bank if you will use it as a place to park your saving money, spending with the cards (they have pretty good card options, provided by Swiss Banker Prepaidkarten & innovative Zahlungsmöglichkeiten | Swiss Bankers), but absolutely, not for daily operations. I would not advise it if you plan to use the account for many transactions.

Here are some screenshots of CIM Banque App as of date (well you can Google and see no similar picture, so I post them here and I'm sure it will help others who are looking at CIM Banque as an option)

1632424945964.png1632424967506.png

Good luck with your application and I hope your own account will be opened soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

In case you will be declined funds will be remitted back to you. They are currently held into a Temporary IBAN. This is the reason they are asking for the initial deposit to come from own funds so as to be able to return them if declined.
If you will be accepted, they will provide you the permanent IBAN and they will do the internal transfer between the 2 IBANs

Reactions: wellington
There is a thread about this bank available at the below link:

Reactions: wellington
The deposit is into a buffer account whilst they run KYC/AML checks on you.

Account then opened after a week or so.

I pay tax in Switzerland (World Wide Wealth Tax at 0.5%) but am not a Swiss citizen nor resident, so have to have an account to easily pay because have not been there for two years (covid).

So the account is for 'paying tax' opposed to having to pay tax because i have an account there.

Hope that clears it up.

The deposit is into a buffer account whilst they run KYC/AML checks on you.

Account then opened after a week or so.

I pay tax in Switzerland (World Wide Wealth Tax at 0.5%) but am not a Swiss citizen nor resident, so have to have an account to easily pay because have not been there for two years (covid).

So the account is for 'paying tax' opposed to having to pay tax because i have an account there.

Hope that clears it up.

Why in the world would you pay the wealth tax if you are neither citizen nor resident???

Seems to fit the bill, looking for putting savings in, and paying Swiss tax once a year (non-resident international wealth tax payer), so hopefully no issues.
So you pay 0.5% Swiss tax because you are non resident anywhere ?

Latest Threads