Our valued sponsor

Corona Virus - COVID 19 - the beginning of the next financial crash?

clemens

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Jan 2, 2009
Spain
Visit site
Reactions: Spinat
What do you think is CoronaVirus the answer to the next total crash?

Nah I think smart money will just see the pull back in markets as a good entry point. Think long term beyond any potential crash anyway.

they said the next financial crisis / crash would be close already.
I assume they mean a total reset of the financial system. If yes, we are not there yet. Over the months, the crisis could morph into another sovereign debt crisis. This time Italy, perhaps China's banks etc.

Anyway, what is happening today, certainly will be remembered as a crash: Oil prices -20% in one day. Oil companies such as Continental Resources and Occidental Petroleum are -35% from Friday. Gold is holding very nicely (in contrast to 2008). Bitcoin has been hammered the past week or so.

I forgot to add that NYSE exchange circuit breakers were hit and that has so far prevented an out of control plunge in stock market prices eek¤%&

The market triggered a 'circuit breaker' that kept stocks from falling through the floor. Here's what you need to know

I would be worried that without the current circuit breakers the US market would have already crashed as of today eek¤%&. So there is some confidence that these measures will give large funds and general public pause for thought to get back into the market buying....or nai¤%.

covid was a first trigger, Saudi vs Russia vs US oil war was another one, the rest should be done by traders and the algos. Stock up on popcorn and see how even the 0 interest rates by feds will not save the street.

I'd say 90% chance we see a crash similar to the 2008 one... even worse. IMO US stock market prices are unreal, overspeculated. Flights companies like Air France are insanely crashing, and probably they will go to near 0 stock value. Spain and Italy, will be in serious troubles because they will be facing troubles exporting their products and their economy depend of tourism... which will be near 0 at least for the next 4-5 months (high season).

The stock markets, bitcoins and even Gold is down the s**t. Seems Corona Virus has a huge and deep impact on the entire world exactly as predicted by the few people that seem to know more then any of all of us.

Spain and Italy, will be in serious troubles because they will be facing troubles exporting their products and their economy depend of tourism... which will be near 0 at least for the next 4-5 months (high season).

Anyone booked their summer holidays yet I wonder? Italy might be a dirt cheap location to consider smi(&%.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnLocke