Our valued sponsor

Countries which are worth moving to in 2023 for tax saving ?

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hello...
I just read post about bad experience living in Malta.....
so I decided to start the thread for Country worth Moving to tax saving ?
Yes I know No country is perfect...everyone has its own pro and cons...Any place will be one man's paradise to another man's hell...I am sharing my country list which are worth moving in 2023 tax saving....
What is yours ?

List of country worth moving for tax saving in 2023 in random order
1) Monaco
2) Switzerland
3)Singapore
4)UK (Non Dom)
5) Thailand
6) Dubai, UAE for personal tax residency ..........do not like new corporate tax eninvorment
7)Bahamas
8)Cayman island

Hello...
I just read post about bad experience living in Malta.....
so I decided to start the thread for Country worth Moving to tax saving ?
Yes I know No country is perfect...everyone has its own pro and cons...Any place will be one man's paradise to another man's hell...I am sharing my country list which are worth moving in 2023 tax saving....
What is yours ?

1) Monaco
2) Switzerland
3)Singapore
4)UK (Non Dom)
5) Thailand
6) Dubai, UAE for personal tax residency ..........do not like new corporate tax eninvorment
7)Bahamas
8)Cayman island
Care to elaborate why do you like each country?

Reactions: troubled soul
I would add:

1. Bulgaria- CT at 10% and can be reduced to 7.5% with deductions. Dividend tax at 5%. Probably the simplest set up for minimizing taxes. Quality of life is pretty good. Friendly people, great produce, nice nature and low prices. Top cities would be Sofia, Plovdiv and Varna. Only downside would be language, gypsies (they leave you alone usually) and you probably shouldn't live too lavishly. English is widely spoken but not so much with those age 35+. If you have connections, as with everything, government is extremely effective.

2. Cyprus (on non dom): Already been discussed many times on the forum.

3. Italy (on lump sum regime 100k) - Pretty bad bureaucracy and getting a little out of hand with illegal immigration. But friendly people, great food and produce, and great nature. A lot of places to choose from where to settle down. Out of all the lump sums (Switzerland and Greece) for me Italy is the most straight forward.

1) Monaco
Ok place. But it's too small, and prices are crazy.
2) Switzerland
I would say it is pretty boring. I found the people not to be friendly and the prices are also the most expensive in the world for ok quality. I think they are just riding on the brand name. But for some taxes can work in your favor.
Singapore has a stamp duty tax of like 60% for foreigners purchasing property. That's already on top of the expensive property prices. Also almost impossible to get a car as even the cheapest model cost $100k+ due to the various fees and taxes. Residence permit is extremely difficult to obtain vs how easy it was before.
Used to be good with the taxes. Now I'm not a fan of the trajectory its going, plus has the worst air quality in the world, and in the end of the day even when you cover up a desert with a bunch of overconstructed buildings, you are still in a desert. Real estate prices do not justify the overconstruction, I am assuming it is inflated because of those laundering their cash. A bunch of other negatives as well. Honestly, the only positive for me was the taxes.

Last edited: