Our valued sponsor

countries with the rests of freedom?

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Users of this forum are surely spread over the whole world. I'd like to learn more about countries (if any have left) that don't care about "what people are doing" that much.
Not talking only about taxes but about general aspects of life. Are there for example countries that don't care about
* your health insurance
* whether your kids are going to school (being educated)
* what you'll live from after getting retired
* what's your residential address
* whether you're doing drugs
* how many guns do you posses
...?
In general where life is not that regulated.
Does it sound weird? :)

Reactions: João Silva
Are there for example countries that don't care about
* your health insurance
...?

Republic of Somaliland.

Are there for example countries that don't care about
* your health insurance
...?

You can find some, and it doesn't need to be Somalia or Iraq as suggested above.

I'd say many countries in Asia have different mentality than the nanny EU regulated state - often there is no mandatory health insurance, no retirement or very low one (family takes care), sometimes even no official addresses and street names and just general directions or PO boxes instead.

With drugs and guns it is more difficult.

However I would say e.g. Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines match some of these points (except e.g. drugs).
Possibly also South Africa, Brazil; to a lesser extent Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Belize, Panama.

Of course you should expect higher level of corruption, danger and general incompetence (of both common people and government) than you may be used to.

In the end, it's up to you - you can decide to live in a golden cage such as Sweden or Denmark and be happy; or you can live in a country that will challenge you and be happy as well.

In the long term, I think it's good not to stick to one place and be ready for anything.

Reactions: Remy and negon
With drugs and guns it is more difficult.

:) I'm not interested in drugs and guns personally - I just believe that state/government isn't here to protect people against themselves... shouldn't mention this since for many people it's hard to imagine after indoctrination by first world school systems

However I would say e.g. Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines match some of these points.
Possibly also South Africa, Brazil; to a lesser extent Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Belize, Panama.

wow, you mostly covered my current checklist - I guess it's no that difficult with what has left

Of course you should expect higher level of corruption, danger and general incompetence (of both common people and government) than you may be used to.
In the end, it's up to you - you can decide to live in a golden cage such as Sweden or Denmark and be happy; or you can live in a country that will challenge you and be happy as well.

Quid pro quo - for European people world is sometimes shocking but I'm just not yet ready to sell my whole life and freedom for a false feeling of order and safety provided by terribly fragile system - one week without electricity, water and facebook would be enough

In the long term, I think it's good not to stick to one place and be ready for anything.

I agree but it depends a lot on your age and number of people you're responsible for I guess :)

Reactions: negon
Users of this forum are surely spread over the whole world. I'd like to learn more about countries (if any have left) that don't care about "what people are doing" that much.
Not talking only about taxes but about general aspects of life. Are there for example countries that don't care about
* your health insurance
...?

Are you liberal? I think best to buy own island or country (if you have money)

Are you liberal? I think best to buy own island or country (if you have money)

I'm probably more than liberal :-D anarchist is maybe more precise..., I just believe in free market everywhere

I'm afraid I can only afford an island in not very attractive locations - not sure how about running my own country - I'd love that for sure, wanna join me?

I'm probably more than liberal :-D anarchist is maybe more precise..., I just believe in free market everywhere

I'm afraid I can only afford an island in not very attractive locations - not sure how about running my own country - I'd love that for sure, wanna join me?

You can buy country through lending or other means. Look what China doing to third world countries. They lend money then take over part of country.

Principality of Sealand - Wikipedia

You may find this interesting.

I forget to mention. You need to contact a Venture Capital to invest on this idea. Pitch deck need to be interesting for them.

Money Laundering: Global fraudsters use sea fortress as passport to

Republic of Somaliland.

I was thinking about buying small island in some sea and getting UN Membership then setting up mail carriers and Central Bank.

Republic of Everson. I like this name to honor you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly also South Africa said:
As someone from Brazil, I must say nope. My country simple HATE any privacy.

"what you'll live from after getting retired"

Here, they will ALWAYS (serious, ALWAYS) think government pension. They will NOT even ask you. It´s always supposed that NOBODY can retire without government.

About weapons the answer is simple. None at all. Few years ago people are talking about forbidden knifes doh948"". Maybe this change with Jair Bolsonaro wins.

Talking about others in their back is a national sport here. Even people that don´t talk WITH you talk ABOUT you. The average brazilian belives more in gossip than in scientifical research (no kidding here).

I hate this :mad: culture. Serious sometimes I want to kill people for this insane behaviour

thanks for sharing your opinion
in such a big country I'd expect different situation from region to region - comparable with US where people in California are totally different from those in New York or Memphis

Reactions: João Silva
* your health insurance
...?

I think I found you perfect country. Russia.

Shortlist to non-OECD countries.

Have a look here and pick among light-grey countries. OECD - Wikipedia

Unless you're talking about green maple leaves or other light substances, I think you will have to let go of "whether you're doing drugs" requirement. That requirement will leave you with no more than 1 or 2 options.

Unless you're talking about green maple leaves or other light substances, I think you will have to let go of "whether you're doing drugs" requirement. That requirement will leave you with no more than 1 or 2 options.

As I already said above I regret I mentioned that, it's not important (as well as guns), I just mentioned it as an example of sign of true freedom.

Latest Threads