Our valued sponsor

Create a more efficient structure

Wade7

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm going to try my luck on here as there are a few knowledgeable people on the subject. A friend of mine is looking to create a more efficient structure for their business. They are UK resident and have a UK limited company. However, their business is almost exclusively international. They receive payments from all around the world.

I told them to seek for professional advice, tax/financial advisor but I thought I would ask the group as well. What do you think is the best structure for their business knowing that they still want to live in the UK and are happy to pay some taxes but they also want to optimise their revenues.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks

What do you think is the best structure for their business knowing that they still want to live in the UK and are happy to pay some taxes but they also want to optimise their revenues.

A UK company with a shareholder living in a tax haven. Sir Philip Green has this setup for his Arcadia empire with his UK companies paying tax in UK but his wife living in Monaco collecting all the profits via tax free dividends. Well not much profits these days ;).

No

btw I updated my previous post.

Oh thanks. Got it. I hadn't seen your updated post so I was a little bit confused.

I actually was aware of this setup for Philip Green and it didn't even cross my mind. Thanks for the advice. And yes indeed, the profits for Arcadia are thinning down...

Latest Threads