Our valued sponsor

CRS(AEOI): by citizenship or by residency?

worldwideservice

Feb 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi community,

Situation: i have private account opened in some country, that is going to make first CRS report soon. Account is on the EU passport, but i live in another EU country.
Question: where will they send it (and if they will do it at all?) in case if account is opened on the local address of that country (was opened during long-stay on that address, however have never lived there anymore)?
Bank account is actively used ofc.

Thanks in advance.

CRS is based on your residency information, not citizenship. The bank should have asked you before where you pay taxes, if not - they might ask for this information at some point in the future.
Well... they require local address only, foreign address is not accepted. Account is active for 8 years already. Since the local address is filed there - i assume they consider me to be local resident thus not subject to CRS/AEOI with any country?

Well... they require local address only, foreign address is not accepted. Account is active for 8 years already. Since the local address is filed there - i assume they consider me to be local resident thus not subject to CRS/AEOI with any country?
yes, if they have not done any recent update for info it is like that.
maybe they will come and harass you for tin and stuff like that.