Our valued sponsor

Cyprus company - bank account outside Cyprus

Corporate account openings are based on many factors. Where the company is based is only a small part of the decision making process. Please explain where directors, shareholders and UBO are based. Also explain what activity of company is for example and volume of money expected to come in and out of the account.

Normally the majority of banks opening accounts for foreign entities would consider opening for a Cyprus company.
As mentioned by @Martin Everson , there are quite a few other factors considered by a bank to open an account. If you would provide additional info on the company's officers, UBOs, operation description, countries of incoming and outgoing payments etx. you would surely get more accurate feedback.

Each Financial Institution has its own customer acceptance policy which generally defines which jurisdictions, line of business activities, countries of operation, nationalities of shareholders are accepted. Based on your exact business profile, there are financial institutions (Banks and EMIs) that you could meet their preliminary/pre-acceptance criteria and then an official application needs to be filed for their final decision.

I open accounts for my Cypriot companies all over the world without issues. Sometimes having the company registered locally helps, for example I regularly obtain EIN numbers in the US and register the company as a foreign corporation.

NB I don’t open accounts for other people! I am just sharing my experience

I open accounts for my Cypriot companies all over the world without issues. Sometimes having the company registered locally helps, for example I regularly obtain EIN numbers in the US and register the company as a foreign corporation.

NB I don’t open accounts for other people! I am just sharing my experience
How is a US incorporated company a foreign corporation i didnt understand - could you kindly explain Johnny

Continuing from the Swiss thread... are there any filing requirements in regards to the IRS for a foreign company with an EIN? Like, if you just have an EIN, no office or employees in the US.
Aehm, sorry but you are pretty off-topic :(
(Nothing personal against you, of course :) )
Wouldn't you like to start a new thread? (Admin, feel free to delete this.)
--------------

To the thread topic:
@Martin Everson and @CyprusLawyer101 (and @Marios) are right, completely. Just to add, as per my experience, you usually have better chance with an EMI, or perhaps neobank, than with a standard brick-and-mortar bank.
Which one would be the easiest method to follow.

Cyprus company, nominee director proff. website, office with substance?
Sorry – but I somehow don't understand what you mean...

Last edited:
Continuing from the Swiss thread... are there any filing requirements in regards to the IRS for a foreign company with an EIN? Like, if you just have an EIN, no office or employees in the US.
The registered agent files some stuff for the registered foreign corp and I pay a few hundred $ per year for that.
If the EIN is used for a DTA, all filings are done by the US company that pays you and it’s their responsibility to do so.

Ok I am going to setup a fund for trading will that structure work with CIM bank??
A fund for trading what? Do you have the substance at Cyprus (i.e. office + employees) or you are just registered there? What are countries for expected incoming and outgoing payments? What are the nationalites of UBO's? (It is impossible to give a well-founded answer lacking this information.)

A fund for trading what? Do you have the substance at Cyprus (i.e. office + employees) or you are just registered there? What are countries for expected incoming and outgoing payments? What are the nationalites of UBO's? (It is impossible to give a well-founded answer lacking this information.)
Hedge fund for trading stocks,cryptos ,currencies,gold ,silver.Single director Indian(UBO) but resident of cyprus.Investors can be from around the world.I will be funding the company initially with my own funds and then later when investors availability is there they can transfer funds hence payouts will be based on investor nationality mostly EU,US,Gulf,China,Russia.Can expand the list of countries if i get willing investors.

Last edited: