Our valued sponsor

Cyprus increasing corporate tax to 15%

Well, i don't know if this is true but after Ireland said to increase CIT at 15% it's something that is not surprising.

I've also heard that Gibraltar is going to increase CIT to 12.5% but not sure when this will happen (if it will happen). For sure there's a trend in trying to uniform CIT to level the playing field but i guess we will always find ways to reduce taxes in more creative ways :)

Well, i don't know if this is true but after Ireland said to increase CIT at 15% it's something that is not surprising.

I've also heard that Gibraltar is going to increase CIT to 12.5% but not sure when this will happen (if it will happen). For sure there's a trend in trying to uniform CIT to level the playing field but i guess we will always find ways to reduce taxes in more creative ways :)
The will begin discussions for this early next year, so (a) we don't know if and when it will be implemented; (b) we don't know how it will be implemented; (c) any increase of the CIT will come with the introduction of other incentives.

Reactions: erni
It does not change a lot for me.
neither for me. 15% is still lower compared to many other EU countries. They have a awesome system for foreigners to do business in Cyprus.

Reactions: Ready to discuss
For a holding company it changes nothing. Dividends received from a subsidiary in an EU country continue to be taxed with 0% both in that country and in Cyprus, and paying dividends to non-residents also remains at 0%. They're not taxable by the CIT.