Our valued sponsor

Cyprus Solution for Business Operations and Address Verification in Cyprus Post-Non-Dom Status

cypriotnondom

Mar 17, 2022
Cyprus
Visit site
Hello,

I moved from Germany to Cyprus in 2020 and spent more than 60 days each year in Cyprus under the non-domicile status during 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Additionally, I established a Cypriot LTD to handle my Amazon business in Europe.

In 2023, I obtained residency in Paraguay and decided not to continue spending two months annually in Cyprus. (spending most of the time in different countries in asia) My Cypriot lawyer advised that I would no longer qualify for the non-dom status, as it could lead to complications upon review.
To maintain operations of my LTD, I was advised to appoint a local director and secretary. Consequently, a management company now fulfils these roles, and I remain the sole shareholder.

Currently, I face a new challenge: I need a verifiable address in Cyprus, to satisfy certain business requirements, such as presenting a utility bill. Additionally, Amazon may request details about my director, but since the director role is held by a company, this might not be sufficient for Amazon's requirements.

Evidence of Physical Operations at the Stated EU Business Address:
Provide 1 of those:
  • A utility bill from a utility company (e.g., water department, electricity authority) addressed to the company that is less than three months old.
  • If using a shared working space, either your license agreement or copies of invoices for payment of rent, in the company's or partnership's name, or in the name of a director/partner, for a period of 6 months or longer.
Proof of Permanent Employment:
You need to provide two documents, one from each category:

Category A:
  • A copy of the company's registration as an 'employer' with the social insurance department having a Social Insurance Employer Identification Number.
  • A screenshot of the Employer Return payroll tax return submission, accompanied by emoluments certificate for the employee.
Category B:
  • A statement from a local bank account in the name of the company/partnership or of a director/partner less than three months old.
    (I only use Wise as my bank since 2020)

Given these complexities, I'm looking for cost-effective solutions to address these issues.
    Please let me know if you know good options for this.
    Best regards.
DO

@CyprusLaw your inbox limit is full :)

Last edited:
Hello,

I moved from Germany to Cyprus in 2020 and spent more than 60 days each year in Cyprus under the non-domicile status during 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Additionally, I established a Cypriot LTD to handle my Amazon business in Europe.

In 2023, I obtained residency in Paraguay and decided not to continue spending two months annually in Cyprus. (spending most of the time in different countries in asia) My Cypriot lawyer advised that I would no longer qualify for the non-dom status, as it could lead to complications upon review.
To maintain operations of my LTD, I was advised to appoint a local director and secretary. Consequently, a management company now fulfils these roles, and I remain the sole shareholder.

Currently, I face a new challenge: I need a verifiable address in Cyprus, to satisfy certain business requirements, such as presenting a utility bill. Additionally, Amazon may request details about my director, but since the director role is held by a company, this might not be sufficient for Amazon's requirements.

Evidence of Physical Operations at the Stated EU Business Address:
Provide 1 of those:
  • A utility bill from a utility company (e.g., water department, electricity authority) addressed to the company that is less than three months old.
  • If using a shared working space, either your license agreement or copies of invoices for payment of rent, in the company's or partnership's name, or in the name of a director/partner, for a period of 6 months or longer.
Proof of Permanent Employment:
You need to provide two documents, one from each category:

Category A:
  • A copy of the company's registration as an 'employer' with the social insurance department having a Social Insurance Employer Identification Number.
  • A screenshot of the Employer Return payroll tax return submission, accompanied by emoluments certificate for the employee.
Category B:
  • A statement from a local bank account in the name of the company/partnership or of a director/partner less than three months old.
    (I only use Wise as my bank since 2020)

Given these complexities, I'm looking for cost-effective solutions to address these issues.
    Please let me know if you know good options for this.
    Best regards.
DO

@CyprusLaw your inbox limit is full :)
Noted you can try again now thanks :)