Our valued sponsor

Designer clothes?

Designer fashion in a nutshell:

1713288200033.png

You are better off spending that money on getting something tailor-made if you truly want quality. Once you see behind the curtain and realize the insane margins you're paying just to market the product and boast of the brand, you will NOT want to pay a dime to one of those big brands.

NGL, the Versace ties for men are the ONLY ones I personally find appealing. Hence, they are the only ones I wear, but I only buy them from official Versace stores in person...although, in France, this is STILL not a defense. rof/%
A 7-fold hand sewn tie is what a gentleman needs. Your tailor should advise on the proper length and width according to your body measurements. For half the price of a Versace mass produced tie that is only one step above a polyester clip-on.

A 7-fold hand sewn tie is what a gentleman needs. Your tailor should advise on the proper length and width according to your body measurements. For half the price of a Versace mass produced tie that is only one step above a polyester clip-on.
You are 100% correct!
I misspoke! I love the design of the fabric used in the Versace ties. Sadly, I can only get the fabric in "Asia."

I tried (2006???) to have my "sarto" in Firenze make me one using the fabric I brought, but he declined, stating his "understanding" with certain multinationals. I'm just happy he didn't turn me in. smi(&%

• Haha
Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and ilke
1713325958525.png

Casual style if you travel or just don't want to be overdressed.

WAG should always have a bag / purse and that’s it - usually unique rather from the shelf.

Yourself a belt perhaps, sneakers perhaps and loafers.

Everything else screams nouveau

Or audit me.

Now that’s LVM etc clothes

When it comes to tweeds/suits that’s different as those should be custom made.

Fortunately for me it’s too hot - I occasionally have some beach club attire made otherwise walk around in standard thin t-shirts (the crocodile one is usually thinnest material) and swimming trunks, flip flops

When out - better shorts/shirt and loafers/flops

The intention should be an art of being the most comfortable but non-flash wealthiest (or one of) person in the room to set an example.

What Aristotle said “If women did not exist, all the money in the world would be worthless.” I think this applies too for designer clothing (except for business use)

Maybe soon we know if he was right if we been all gender X
We have a friend - partner owns gold shops all over Thailand (this is important as she wants loui, not something actually valuable) / face) - very typical of Thailand.

Quite often there’s a video on her FB where’s she’s unwrapping something she bought at Louis Vuitton or Gucci - we always chuckle and remark - ah bless she’s never had anything from there before.

This is the same view I have towards people walking around in gucci shirts etc

Last edited:
This outfit just matches your profile picture. Cool clothing style!

what are your favorite dressing styles (you can include some generic photos of styles you like)
@JohnnyDoe @0xDEADBEEF @jafo
Don't take me as an authority on clothing, my style ranges from Zuckerberg casual to working remotely in my tracksuit or Nike shorts.

1713361069721.png

When the occasion calls for something more formal, I have a selection of tailor-made pants, jackets, and shirts, paired with some nice shoes and belts. Personally I will never pay $500 for a printed T-shirt that is not even bullet proof.

Latest Threads