Our valued sponsor

Dissolve or Let Company Expire?

Monty Lee

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I want to stop using a company that's registered in Cyprus. I'm not sure about what steps to take.

My registrar suggests dissolving the company, costs €1200. If I let company expire, they said that registry will strike-off the company in 6 months. Further they wrote: "As the strike-off is only removing the company name from the registry, the company can be if required, reinstated once all the necessary procedures are completed. Please note that the Director of the company remains liable in this case. "

I'm not sure what that means. Someone can reinstate company for me and leave me liable? Or it's just some confusing jargon to pay them for dissolution?

What liability can there be if company no longer exists?

maybe someone can advise.

thanx

Most people simply don't renew the company so the company will be taken off the registry sooner or later!

If you are resident in the EU then close down the company properly. If you are not an EU resident then let it be struck off like a normal offshore company in the Caribbean. Remember this is not a BVI company you are striking off if you are EU resident. With EU companies there can be comeback depending on what the company did and its liabilities.

Proper legal advice is needed as was mentioned.

If you are resident in the EU then close down the company properly. If you are not an EU resident then let it be struck off like a normal offshore company in the Caribbean. Remember this is not a BVI company you are striking off if you are EU resident. With EU companies there can be comeback depending on what the company did and its liabilities.

Proper legal advice is needed as was mentioned.

Thanks for your answer.
Actually the BELIZE LLC was just partners of a Canadian LP where now the new partners are the UAE company. Nothing else.
I haven't changed the resident address there yet with my new UAE so it's still my EU.
I then prefer to change the residence from EU to UAE and let if struck off.

I have had a few offshore corps in Belize and Seychelles.. I live in Europe. Trust me never renewed the companies and never got any troubles! to pay someone to dissolve the company is only filling his pockets.

Do all the changes and just wait. It is normal for a offshore corp and any other LTD to simply be stroke off by the registry and no one can do anything about it.

Let the company lapse do not pay. Belize is not going to chase you.

Reactions: diablo

Latest Threads