Our valued sponsor

Dividends in Hungary

FRANCO

Dec 27, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
To be able to do business with European companies (IT domain), I think to let my Lebanese company creates a company in Hungaria. I know taxes are just 9% on the benefits, however I am not sure regarding dividends. I found the table below on Deloitte webtire:

View attachment 4579

Seems following this table that after the hungarian company pays 9% on its benefits, the rest can be paid to my Lebanese company as dividends with 0% taxes. Of course the Lebanese company will have to pay taxes in Lebanon.

Questions:
- Anyone can confirm the table above?
- Is my understanding regarding dividends explained above correct?
- Will the hungarian company will be able to open a bank account in Hungary without any manager in this country?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Reagrds

With the table:

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 29
Anyone can confirm the table above?

Yes, there are no whitholding taxes for dividends paid to a non resident company

Is my understanding regarding dividends explained above correct?

Yes but you don't pay only 9%, on top of that, depending on where the legal seat of your business will be in Hungary, you could pay up tp 2% more. It's basically a local tax. In Budapest it's 2%, in other areas it could be 0%

- Will the hungarian company will be able to open a bank account in Hungary without any manager in this country?

Unlikely.

Anyone who can help creating a company in Hungary? Remains the question of creating an account in a real bank in Hungaria. Anyone could help on this?

@gnud formed a company in HU some time ago.

If i remember correctly he said the process of opening the bank was really bureaucratic because bank was requesting a document he didn't have and took some time.

Reach out to him.

Latest Threads