Our valued sponsor

Do we need twitter?

I've never seen what the big deal is about twitter. You have people who post what they are doing and that's about it. Big deal. I have better things to do than to follow people around like this in cyberspace.

Well, twitter is just an update on people's personal lives or a company's deals and news. There are many advantages because, certain stores can put their sales there for their customers etc. And celebrities have them...idk

Twitter lets you send messages to your friends which can be read both on mobile as well as a computer. I only use twitter on special occasions like birthday and sending greetings on festivals.

uplana said:
Twitter lets you send messages to your friends which can be read both on mobile as well as a computer. I only use twitter on special occasions like birthday and sending greetings on festivals.
Now that makes sense to me. Keeping in touch with friends and family so you can send them nice little message. Other than that, I don't see much use for this site.

tongyun said:
Now that makes sense to me. Keeping in touch with friends and family so you can send them nice little message. Other than that, I don't see much use for this site.
I think twitter is more popular among kids in India to send nice messages to their friends. You can't exceeds message above 140 characters limit. Other then special occasion, I mostly use wiggio and meebo for sending bulk messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
10is4Love said:
Well, twitter is just an update on people's personal lives or a company's deals and news. There are many advantages because, certain stores can put their sales there for their customers etc. And celebrities have them...idk
The times I walk through Twitter, I only read about people how they run their usual life and what they do right now.

The information companies are giving out there are better put into a newsletter for my opinion, but most of them are not worth reading.

I really do not see the advantages in there.

Twitter is sort of nice when you want people to know what you're doing, but that's where the concept fails.

If you've tweeted that you're doing something, its obvious that you aren't doing that!! :D

You're using twitter!!

It really sounds funny.....for example: I'm watering the flowers in my lovely garden! ( No you ain't! You're sitting in front of the comp and frying your eyes!!I doubt you even have a garden, let alone a lovely one)

Twitter is a great solution to stay in touch with your friends. If you are not online for a while, and teenagers usually wants to stay up date, you can just leave a message and going back to check it

Latest Threads