Our valued sponsor

Do you buy cryptocurrency when it's at a high, like now?

Dreamy

Apr 15, 2021
WW
Visit site
Just wondering. Do you buy cryptocurrency now when we see high rates for Bitcoin? Or are you buying some altcoins? Or don’t you buy anything, since it’s better to wait until there’s a pullback, at least a little? Or is your faith in cryptocurrency so great that you always buy at any price if there is such an opportunity?

Reactions: jafo and uranium
Just wondering. Do you buy cryptocurrency now when we see high rates for Bitcoin? Or are you buying some altcoins? Or don’t you buy anything, since it’s better to wait until there’s a pullback, at least a little? Or is your faith in cryptocurrency so great that you always buy at any price if there is such an opportunity?
Timing the market is a waste of time
The point is to buy at anytime using dca strategy
Any extra money you have. Buy!

You have a currency that isn’t melting away to currency debasement except when Governments start fighting to cool a heated market and prepare the market for the next debt refinance cycle commencing.

So at what ever price you will buy in the future it will be a good entry because unless you can find a solid reason why Goverments are going to stop debasing their currencies and why they will break a debt refinance cycle there’s no reason it won’t continue to rise.

You have a currency that isn’t melting away to currency debasement except when Governments start fighting to cool a heated market and prepare the market for the next debt refinance cycle commencing.

So at what ever price you will buy in the future it will be a good entry because unless you can find a solid reason why Goverments are going to stop debasing their currencies and why they will break a debt refinance cycle there’s no reason it won’t continue to rise.
well said

Why Monday
Any reason for this specific day?
Simply because I happen to have fiat available on Mondays

Also my question was - are you buying just BTC all the time not depends on rate - or other crypto, altcoins and so on.
I hold about 30 coins, but by far the largest holding is btc.

well said
central bank liquidity leads global liquidity by 52 weeks roughly, global liquidity leads Bitcoin / S&P / Nasdaq by roughly 5 weeks, and leads gold by roughly 36 weeks.

For every 10% of global liquidity increase gold moves 13-15% and Bitcoin moves at a five factor to that calculation, the higher Bitcoin rises the growth spurts will diminish until it absorbs a world wide safe haven currency debasement asset status at which point when it’s part of all portfolios of all major entities/states/ etc it’s still got growth spurts (volatility) that outperform not only debasement but also the market at large.

well said too. The market starts to notice that slowly (eth being at 0.049 below the heavily defended 0.05).
Still holding - happy to hold to zero if needs be - believe in the tech

Last edited:
central bank liquidity leads global liquidity by 52 weeks roughly, global liquidity leads Bitcoin / S&P / Nasdaq by roughly 5 weeks, and leads gold by roughly 36 weeks.

For every 10% of global liquidity increase gold moves 13-15% and Bitcoin moves at a five factor to that calculation, the higher Bitcoin rises the growth spurts will diminish until it absorbs a world wide safe haven currency debasement asset status at which point when it’s part of all portfolios of all major entities/states/ etc it’s still got growth spurts (volatility) that outperform not only debasement but also the market at large.

Still holding - happy to hold to zero if needs be - believe in the tech
Central bank "liquidity" is a funny "money" that does not circulate among non-banks. It's an oouzie, it's a whoozie, it's a fairy dust. Don't waste your time trying to find any signal in that noise about cbs "printing" money.

Reactions: jafo

Exactly. Being bearish crypto is basically being bullish on fiat, governments and their captive banking system despite the fact that they have been acting like drunken sailors for decades.

For me, I see Bitcoin as an investment rather than just another means of obtaining cash. So, like with any other asset, I buy when the price is low and sell when it's high. Since I don't know how much Bitcoin will be worth during this bull market, I practice DCA for selling

Reactions: jafo
I bought cryptocurrency many years ago.
I sell it in parts at obvious market highs or at moments when fiat is needed, and then buy it back at obvious market lows.

I am amazed to see people coming into the crypto market since 2020(or later) and happily investing in crypto scams or btc with an average price of around tens of thousands of US dollars per btc. Truly euphoria of nothing.

It's a bubble that is not pretending to be anything else. And for that I respect it, BTC is the only currency in the world that is backed only by the trust and the greed of the network participants. Every other currency is backed by the false promises and nothing more. For that I will always recommend to allocate 5-10% of your liquid assets to BTC and just keep it until you retire.

It's a bubble that is not pretending to be anything else. And for that I respect it, BTC is the only currency in the world that is backed only by the trust and the greed of the network participants. Every other currency is backed by the false promises and nothing more. For that I will always recommend to allocate 5-10% of your liquid assets to BTC and just keep it until you retire.
The problem is that 5-10% today is one amount in $, if we are talking about bitcoin, but month ago it was completely other amount in $, and in a month it will be also other amount in $. Also, you think all other cryptos are scam? Only BTC makes sense?