Our valued sponsor

Does transferwise reports your status to your resident country?

Its been written here before that TW do not report under CRS/AEOI but I'm yet to see any hard evidence of this.

This bit is the bit that worried me...

TransferWise is an authorised Electronic Money Institution independently regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK.
This means we're required by law to keep your money safe by storing it in a low-risk financial institution - in Europe this is in our UK account with Barclays, in the US this is in our US account with Wells Fargo.

Reactions: Back2Matters
No reporting from Transferwise last year I can confirm that.

Just because you or your client did not receive a tax bill or information from TransferWise or any other institution about reporting does not mean that there is no reporting. I think it is up to TransferWise to confirm if they report or not ;-)

I am expecting the big wave of CRS tax bills to come by end of this year, just my personal opinion of course.

Just because you or your client did not receive a tax bill or information from TransferWise or any other institution about reporting does not mean that there is no reporting. I think it is up to TransferWise to confirm if they report or not ;-)

I am expecting the big wave of CRS tax bills to come by end of this year, just my personal opinion of course.

In the link above Transferwise states clearly that they do not report to tax authorities, for now.

transferwise wrote:

TransferWise is a British company and is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority as an "Electronic Money Institution". We are still evaluating the impact of the Common Reporting Standards (CRS), including FATCA, and how we will implement the new requirements. We currently do not report to HMRC or any other tax authority.

Latest Threads