Our valued sponsor

Domain and Website holding company for protection (Seychelles?)

disconnected

Oct 27, 2021
Portugal
Visit site
I own a couple of content websites which can be the target of copyright trolls. US and German based lawyers threatening lawsuits unless you pay for the use of an image uploaded to the website 10 years ago. They usually demand something in the range of $500 - $10K. Something that most website owners would pay rather than being sued. I have the right to use 99% of the images, but sometimes unauthorized images can slip through, especially working with VA's.

At the moment the websites are in my personal name which is obviously not ideal. I'd like to move the domain names and website hosting into a company in a region where copyright trolls just won't bother even thinking about lawsuits.

Is Seychelles IBC still a good option for this purpose? I guess I don't need a bank account as revenue coming from the ad network and amazon will remain in my personal name, or would that be a bad idea? Income I would report locally as freelance, self-employed.

I'm also considering incorporating in Dubai but being put off mostly by the requirement of having to travel there twice a year.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Do they care about the contents of the websites?

"Think of us as your friendly drunk (but responsibly so) straw person that takes the blame for your expressions. As long as you keep within the boundaries of reasonable law and you're not a right-wing extremist, we’re for promoting your freedom of speech"

There is no definition as to what a right-wing extremist means. So it's completely up to them and they can take your domain at any time.

I'm not sure if it's a risk in OP's case but keep it in mind.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Offshore companies and business shiz aside, you want all of your website related stuffs to be completely offshore AND SEPERATED from 1 particular company as well to remain as censorship free as possible.

Domain names:
  • Njal.la - I've personally used them for years with no problem, dunno what all this "far right" nonsense is posted here. The people who were (are) running the fake vaccine passport apps have their domains here too.
  • Mediaon.com - not used personally but is consistently recommended by people in the privacy circles.

Registration - obviously you want your main domain on either of the above but you should also get a couple of backups like a .io or .ai which the US government can't seize so easily. Also consider a .x or .zil crypto domain from unstoppabledomains.com and start learning about the IPFS for censorship resistant sites. It's not capable of hosting things like Wordpress yet but it gives you some backup options at least. Again, some of the fake vaccination apps were hosted on IPFS and European governments couldn't take them down.

Shared Hosting / VPS / Dedicated:
  • webcare360.com
  • bpw.sc
  • serverastra.com - hosted The Pirate Bay
  • novogara.com
  • orangewebsite.com

For additional layer of privacy protection of both your domain and hosting provider, run it all through cloudflare.com

Email - either host your own on your server and install something like rainloop.net if you want a fancy BS interface like Gmail, or use something privacy focussed like:
  • Proton Mail
  • Mailfence
  • Tutanota

All of this is good for content such like:
  • Adult Content (but not illegal adult content, only legal)
  • Warez Linking / Storage / Streaming
  • Freedom of Speech (always check TOS though)

Offshore companies and business shiz aside, you want all of your website related stuffs to be completely offshore AND SEPERATED from 1 particular company as well to remain as censorship free as possible.

Domain names:
  • Njal.la - I've personally used them for years with no problem, dunno what all this "far right" nonsense is posted here. The people who were (are) running the fake vaccine passport apps have their domains here too.
  • Mediaon.com - not used personally but is consistently recommended by people in the privacy circles.

Registration - obviously you want your main domain on either of the above but you should also get a couple of backups like a .io or .ai which the US government can't seize so easily. Also consider a .x or .zil crypto domain from unstoppabledomains.com and start learning about the IPFS for censorship resistant sites. It's not capable of hosting things like Wordpress yet but it gives you some backup options at least. Again, some of the fake vaccination apps were hosted on IPFS and European governments couldn't take them down.

Shared Hosting / VPS / Dedicated:
  • webcare360.com
  • bpw.sc
  • serverastra.com - hosted The Pirate Bay
  • novogara.com
  • orangewebsite.com

For additional layer of privacy protection of both your domain and hosting provider, run it all through cloudflare.com

Email - either host your own on your server and install something like rainloop.net if you want a fancy BS interface like Gmail, or use something privacy focussed like:
  • Proton Mail
  • Mailfence
  • Tutanota

All of this is good for content such like:
  • Adult Content (but not illegal adult content, only legal)
  • Warez Linking / Storage / Streaming
  • Freedom of Speech (always check TOS though)
Can you tell more about IPFS?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry1911
Can you tell more about IPFS?

Basically, it's part of the coming decentralized internet. Built on the blockchain like many cryptos and smart contract services. Eventually, you won't even need an ISP anymore as your wallet will provide a direct connection to the decentralized web. We're a long way off but every year the technology makes big steps forward.

Nothing in the "old" internet system is going to be bulletproof, especially if you're involved in highly illegal activity. But there are steps you can take and layers you can add to protect websites (and your identity). For now we just have to go this way until we get the decentralized web.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
guy you turn this into a tech discussion. It all started with where to incorporate his business. He considered Dubai!!

Let's get back to topic or report this thread to it can be moved.

If I were you I would look for a country which also has some reputation. If you choose the right Cyprus agent they will give a s**t about lawyers from the countries you mention. It would also be very expensive for them to sue you.

You could also go for a BVI company or Swiss company, both are expensive to form, however, they offer a perfect protection against greedy lawyers.

Reactions: disconnected

Basically, it's part of the coming decentralized internet. Built on the blockchain like many cryptos and smart contract services. Eventually, you won't even need an ISP anymore as your wallet will provide a direct connection to the decentralized web. We're a long way off but every year the technology makes big steps forward.
can you give some examples of sites hosted on IPFS?

Let’s say you want to publish some documents that will hurt a powerful non-state organization, how would you set this up considering that you need to have a decent looking website with images, menus etc?
Thanks

guy you turn this into a tech discussion. It all started with where to incorporate his business. He considered Dubai!!

Let's get back to topic or report this thread to it can be moved.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were the boss and in charge of everybody's speech around here. The guy is literally talking about protecting his websites, so I gave some help in areas I know about.

can you give some examples of sites hosted on IPFS?

Let’s say you want to publish some documents that will hurt a powerful non-state organization, how would you set this up considering that you need to have a decent looking website with images, menus etc?
Thanks

Will PM you since I appear to be causing a disturbance.

Latest Threads