Our valued sponsor

Dubai property leaks: How do I shield myself with an offshore holding company?

ifzaguider

May 27, 2023
Dubai
Visit site
Hi girls and boys,

As you may know for the second time UAE had a dataleak from Dubai Land Apartment, containing a lot of info about real estate owners in the UAE. Its of course a blow to people who registered the property with their own name, but expected some kind of privacy for various reasons.

Whats the best solution to future proof this for the 3rd leak? Hopefully not happening again but you neer know.
Is it registering any offshore holding company that has no public records, and change ownership in Dubai?
Whats visible in the title deed then? Offshore holding company name OR persons name?

Do you put in person name or company name?

Or if UAE does not have public records of company owners. Isnt setting up a company, and using it as owner doable too?

Last edited:
Is it registering any offshore holding company that has no public records, and change ownership in Dubai?
I don't know much about the part if it is allowed, but if that is possible, yes that you be a way to prevent your name getting public.

Reactions: jafo
Seems like it is indeed! Currently looking into it and found out a company in the JAFZA freezone (no public records) and perhaps add nominee service for extra layer might be the way to go.
Nominees can help you protect you from leaking your identity in cases like this. However, if your name is connected somewhere else in the system they may have the information too.

There was a number of names I recognized :p
hm only politically linked and criminal names seems to be listed, only like couple of hundred.
I can't search by name in the whole thing though, any other source for that with the full DB searchable?

There was a number of names I recognized :p
Hopefully you have already ordered the reinforced doors, and some drils for your hard drives.
I can't search by name in the whole thing though, any other source for that with the full DB searchable?
I haven’t found any other sources, but originally it was obtained by Home. They probably cross-referenced sanction/wanted lists before sharing it with the OCCRP. Even with the lack of attention from security analysts and lax cybersecurity implementations in UAE, it would surprise me that the entire db was 'leaked'. That's a major f*ck up, unless you believe that it could be coordinated by state actors...

Something that made me lol (underlining is mine):

"A short trip over to the Jumeirah Bay Tower-X3 is an apartment belonging to Daniel Kinahan, an alleged leader of the Kinahan Organized Crime Group, a major Irish drug trafficking cartel that also has a presence in Spain, the U.K., and the UAE, according to U.S. authorities. The U.S. has offered up to $5 million for information that could lead to his arrest. He did not respond to requests to comment."

Let's see what the UAE will do about this, imagine rugpulling the people that remained after CT with additional DD for property owners. Might make good housing there more affordable though.

PS: Also, if there is ever a way for you to search the data, only do this when you can download the entire data set and check this offline. Some actors are known to log who searches who and store this data for ‘purposes’.

Reactions: mraleph and jafo
Hi girls and boys,

As you may know for the second time UAE had a dataleak from Dubai Land Apartment, containing a lot of info about real estate owners in the UAE. Its of course a blow to people who registered the property with their own name, but expected some kind of privacy for various reasons.

Whats the best solution to future proof this for the 3rd leak? Hopefully not happening again but you neer know.
Whats visible in the title deed then? Offshore holding company name OR persons name?

Or if UAE does not have public records of company owners. Isnt setting up a company, and using it as owner doable too?
Dubai already signed agreements with the US to provide them information in respect of all financial dealings of a person they have interest in on demand - so safe to say most western states have the same now.

I also remember the first time a recession hit Dubai in recent history the 08 crash - it’s great while liquidity is flooding in but dies quickly so be aware of that next year once the liquidity starts to recede

Hi girls and boys,

Copy what Putin does. Have your property under @JohnnyDoe

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Something that made me lol (underlining is mine):

"A short trip over to the Jumeirah Bay Tower-X3 is an apartment belonging to Daniel Kinahan, an alleged leader of the Kinahan Organized Crime Group, a major Irish drug trafficking cartel that also has a presence in Spain, the U.K., and the UAE, according to U.S. authorities. The U.S. has offered up to $5 million for information that could lead to his arrest. He did not respond to requests to comment."

Let's see what the UAE will do about this, imagine rugpulling the people that remained after CT with additional DD for property owners. Might make good housing there more affordable though.
They will not do anything, maintain the status quo as usual

Does Dubai still protect such criminals? I thought it was over and they handed them over to the respective countries if requested by the police.

Does Dubai still protect such criminals? I thought it was over and they handed them over to the respective countries if requested by the police.
Same as in Turkey, depends on what the governments receives for extraditing the criminals. For instance, they have arrested a known dutch football player: Quincy Promes arrested in Dubai at Dutch request for cocaine trafficking (32-year-old man arrested in Dubai at the request of the Netherlands).

But they released him shortly after and the guy is now living his 'best' life there. But YMMV, being stuck in Dubai could feel like a punishment to some.

Same as in Turkey, depends on what the governments receives for extraditing the criminals. For instance, they have arrested a known dutch football player: Quincy Promes arrested in Dubai at Dutch request for cocaine trafficking (32-year-old man arrested in Dubai at the request of the Netherlands).

But they released him shortly after and the guy is now living his 'best' life there. But YMMV, being stuck in Dubai could feel like a punishment to some.
he should have never left moscow ns2

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and jafo

:oops: WTF???stupi#21 Why did he travel to Dubai?:rolleyes:

he should have never left moscow ns2
Yeah, this fascinated me the most!
That guy should have paid for a Gold membership on OCT, and he would have benefitted enormously!
@JohnLocke , may the new slogan should be: "If you want to avoid trouble and expenses with the law, join Membership Gold." smi(&%

He probably got a "Legal Opinion" worth a pretty penny $$$ that went on and on about treaties, the Constitution, human rights, the burden of proof, habeas corpus, international law, blah blah blah, and all that other nonsense. stupi#21
If anything, one MUST teach their children who their real enemies are, so they are NOT as ignorant as this footballer (and many others). cry&¤
Are so many people really that naive about extraditions & governments? :rolleyes:
Is that propaganda really THAT good?hi%#

PS. Now, the Dutch gov. will simply do some "human trafficking" when Dubai needs someone or something in the Netherlands. Easy exchange. Both sides win. Abandoning Russia for the West or its vassal states while being wanted by one of the Western plantations is shocking (to me).:oops:

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF
its not a leak, come on. Give the data of all property owners to the dubai estate agents, thats why you getting 500 calls a day
You are dead right, it's the little SE Asian employees who are doing this! Yes the same ones in the Banks that send you a fake message from the Central Bank of UAE after making a sizeable transfer or the like .... Also the same ones who call you and tell you have won 1/2 million Dirhams in an Etisalat Prize Draw.
It is not the local population, they could not care less, they are NOT interested at all. It is enough (in Dubai) that their beloved Sheikh takes 4% of every Real Estate transaction, to pay their salaries and give free Schooling and Healthcare etc

Reactions: jafo and 0xDEADBEEF