Our valued sponsor

Question Dubai visa with a different citizenship

mprv

Aug 3, 2022
Dubai
Visit site
I have 2 citizenships, say A and B.
I entered Dubai few months ago with an employment visa (hiring myself through a company I formed in one of the free zones) and with citizenship A.
Now I'd like to dissolve the company, cancel the employment visa and re-enter Dubai with a freelance visa. The important thing is that I'd like to re-enter using my citizenship B. One of the key reasons I want to do this is that I'd like to report my taxes to B rather than A.
I have these questions:
1/ Is what I'm trying to do possible at all? Or will Dubai authorities see a problem with it?
2/ Should I close all my bank accounts and re-open new ones using my new visa on passport B? How about the drivers' license?
3/ Will Dubai still report my tax information to A after I change to a visa with B?
4/ Should I expect any other complications?

Thank you!

Reactions: troubled soul
I know people who got trough the airport security scan(face scan) with two different passports (even with different names on it) but this was a couple of years ago I don’t know if they updated the system.

I know people who got trough the airport security scan(face scan) with two different passports (even with different names on it) but this was a couple of years ago I don’t know if they updated the system.
Might not cause any problems but those two passports will be matched to the same person as the biometrics wont change.
And op is worried about reporting, which one can assume can be than to A and B instead to only A

You should definitely first under the current Residence Visa initiate a change of Nationality inside the Country then exit and make a new Residence Visa Application as outside the Country. This makes life easier for you as like mentioned from @JackAlabama the Boarder Control can see Biometrics under 2 Passport which then again depends on the Custom Officer itself how he handles it.

We see monthly very common for example cancel Indian Passport Residence Visa and processing under Nevis Passport - it works out well hoever above mentioned from me NEVER made some issues while canceling and just applying can lead to delays at the boarder - when a change of nationality is made first the history is shown in the immigration system and everything is as clear as water no matter how the mood of customs is.

Reactions: khinkali
You should definitely first under the current Residence Visa initiate a change of Nationality inside the Country then exit and make a new Residence Visa Application as outside the Country. This makes life easier for you as like mentioned from @JackAlabama the Boarder Control can see Biometrics under 2 Passport which then again depends on the Custom Officer itself how he handles it.

We see monthly very common for example cancel Indian Passport Residence Visa and processing under Nevis Passport - it works out well hoever above mentioned from me NEVER made some issues while canceling and just applying can lead to delays at the boarder - when a change of nationality is made first the history is shown in the immigration system and everything is as clear as water no matter how the mood of customs is.

Very helpful, thanks!

How about getting my freelance visa with my current citizenship first then initiate a citizenship change? Would that work?

The other important question is related to taxes. My banks know me as a citizen of country A, so they will probably report tax information to A. Should I let my banks know once my citizenship change is done?

Are the names on the both passports exactly the same?

The other important question is related to taxes. My banks know me as a citizen of country A, so they will probably report tax information to A.
AFAIK If you have opened the account with Emirates ID the bank will consider you a resident and will not report anything.

Should I let my banks know once my citizenship change is done?
If the bank has your Emirates ID and your local UAE address (could be hotel or friends address, whatever) there will be no issues.
They won't change citizenship (as they consider you their citizen) they would just change your nationality.
And it would be fun trying to explain them that change.

Are the names on the both passports exactly the same?

AFAIK If you have opened the account with Emirates ID the bank will consider you a resident and will not report anything.

If the bank has your Emirates ID and your local UAE address (could be hotel or friends address, whatever) there will be no issues.
They won't change citizenship (as they consider you their citizen) they would just change your nationality.
And it would be fun trying to explain them that change.

Banks probably report even for residents:

UAE banks to expats: ‘We’ll be sharing your bank details from 2018’

Reporting requirements may also depend on bilateral agreements with the country of origin.