Our valued sponsor

E-commerce/Dropshipping setup for EU resident.

fede888

Nov 29, 2021
Italy
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I own few e-commerce brands with customers from US 60% UK 20% Rest of the world 10%. I decided to open an US LLC in Wyoming, but I have an issue with Paypal verification, so, I am actually not using this company.

I am resident in Italy, and right now, I m using my Lithuanian girlfriend business entity to work with my e-commerce business.

I feel it's time to create a better setup for my business, and I wondered what the best solution is.

I need to be compliant with Paypal 100%, and I would prefer not to move to Dubai or any other South American country.

Is a UK LTD a good choice? Will I have issues with Paypal verification again if I am a non-UK resident?

I am ok with paying 15-20% taxation instead of the 50% we have in Italy, so, any other suggestion is very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: GameBoy and Marios
Hi everyone.

I own few e-commerce brands with customers from US 60% UK 20% Rest of the world 10%. I decided to open an US LLC in Wyoming, but I have an issue with Paypal verification, so, I am actually not using this company.

I am resident in Italy, and right now, I m using my Lithuanian girlfriend business entity to work with my e-commerce business.

I feel it's time to create a better setup for my business, and I wondered what the best solution is.

I need to be compliant with Paypal 100%, and I would prefer not to move to Dubai or any other South American country.

Is a UK LTD a good choice? Will I have issues with Paypal verification again if I am a non-UK resident?

I am ok with paying 15-20% taxation instead of the 50% we have in Italy, so, any other suggestion is very much appreciated.

Thank you!
We have similar set-ups for e-commerce in Cyprus.

12.5% corp tax plus 2.65% on dividend.

Happy to PM you to discuss this.

Why would PayPal verification be a problem?
Both Paypal and Shopify Payments require an SSN which I don't have. I have sent all the documents they asked me, but after 2 weeks, nothing changed and even when I call they tell me I can only wait. Perhaps, my application will be hanging forever I guess.

Thank you for sharing your article, but not helpful with this issue. Where do I see something related to PayPal verification?

You can apply for an ITIN, which is the same as an SSN, but it takes a long time to secure the ITIN. It depends on how long you can wait.
A few weeks of wait might not be an issue. But honestly, I am considering opening a UK LTD instead. It seems a cheaper solution with fewer related problems.

PayPal might be ok with the ITIN, what about Shopify Payments? I am afraid to buy another service which then is going to be useless...