Our valued sponsor

Earning as IE, investing and managing as company

mizka

Nov 9, 2022
curacau
Visit site
Hi
Apologies for the noobness but I prefer to ask just to be safe.
I live in Georgia (country).
I work / earn money using individual entrepreneur structure, pay tax for it of course and my question is:
If its possible, for the purpose of investing in real estate, form a company in offshore / 0 tax country, transfer my personal money into that company and use the company to buy the real estate, manage it and do other investments?

This company will only get money from me, the owner, but it will handle all investments and management of properties?

Is this problematic in any way?

I am not familiar with Georgian law, but I would advise you to hire a tax lawyer.
It also depends on your company structure, alternatively you could also establish a company with substance & a local manager, but it is more expensive.
About substance:

- What will be the local manager job description and what will he actually have to do?
- what can I as the company owner allowed and not allowed to do?
- if I open a company in country X, can the manager be from country Y.(not my country and not company's country?
-

are there any more requirements for substance?

And finally, how does it help me if the company has substance elsewhere?

- What will be the local manager job description and what will he actually have to do?
manages the company
- what can I as the company owner allowed and not allowed to do?
You can still do everything as a manager

- if I open a company in country X, can the manager be from country Y.(not my country and not company's country?
I think it is unlikely that substance will be formed with it.
I think it would be necessary that the manager & the company are in the same country.
are there any more requirements for substance?
Real office and staff (would help)

And finally, how does it help me if the company has substance elsewhere?
You can also start a company abroad & run it from Georgia without any substance.
However, Georgia would then certainly want to have some of the profits.

In the forum there are also many people who could probably help you well.

e.g. @Gediminas or @Fred

Reactions: Fred

Latest Threads