Our valued sponsor

Easy (remote) EU personal banking

dziter

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I am EU citizen and looking for opening a personal account in another (EU) country.
The country has to be stable and the account without big maintenance fees.
Deposit : < 6 digits

What country will you choose?
Any bank name?

Few names I just start to come across:

Austria:
Raiffeisenlandesbank No Wien
Erste Bank

Germany
Fidor Bank

UK
Starling Bank

Georgia
TBC

Spain
Rebellion Pay

—-
I am now resident in a place where I can’t trust banks and I don’t want to have my savings only on EMI.

I read many topics on the forum saying that it’s possible to bank in almost EU country but when I read opening conditions, they always ask to be (tax) resident, have local phone number etc.

Thanks for your feedbacks, I hope it could help other people too.
Cheers.

I'm all ear let's bring it to the table, what's the banks?

Reactions: tyrexoid and dziter
Take Georgian banks off the list, unless you're planning to hold/move very small or very large amounts.

Both TBC and Bank of Georgia have let go of their "foreigner client appetite" considerably, to the extent that your odds of establishing a successful relationship with either while not having any actual substance in Georgia are close to nil. With Bank of Georgia you're highly unlikely to get the account opened, while TBC may open it, but is very likely to freeze it the moment any significant transactions hit the account.

Take Georgian banks off the list, unless you're planning to hold/move very small or very large amounts.

Both TBC and Bank of Georgia have let go of their "foreigner client appetite" considerably, to the extent that your odds of establishing a successful relationship with either while not having any actual substance in Georgia are close to nil. With Bank of Georgia you're highly unlikely to get the account opened, while TBC may open it, but is very likely to freeze it the moment any significant transactions hit the account.
Thank you for your feedback.

Will you recommend any other country in particular, bank?

For my case, my business is 100% legit: IT freelancing.
So I am just looking to open a personal current account to put some savings in a real bank. I can always prove source of the funds ..

Hi everyone!

I am EU citizen and looking for opening a personal account in another (EU) country.
The country has to be stable and the account without big maintenance fees.
Deposit : < 6 digits

What country will you choose?
Any bank name?

Few names I just start to come across:

Austria:
Raiffeisenlandesbank No Wien
Erste Bank

Germany
Fidor Bank

UK
Starling Bank

Georgia
TBC

Spain
Rebellion Pay

—-
I am now resident in a place where I can’t trust banks and I don’t want to have my savings only on EMI.

I read many topics on the forum saying that it’s possible to bank in almost EU country but when I read opening conditions, they always ask to be (tax) resident, have local phone number etc.

Thanks for your feedbacks, I hope it could help other people too.
Cheers.
Hi, you said you need banks in the EU and no EMIs - but then why did you put the UK, Georgia or Rebellion Pay onto the list? Within the EU the deposit insurance level is usually €100,000 so if you have < 6 digits then probably any country could be good. Even customers of Cyprus and Greek banks got back their money below €100,000...

Try n26 bank in germany. Works fine for me. They have banking license.
I already have. But to be honest, it's not available in my new place so let's see how much time I could keep this nice one ...
It's probably one of the only easy neobank to open with an unilimited free widthrawal cash abroad (with small subscription: N26 You).

VIVID in germany , very good bank
Thanks for this one, I didn't know.

Hi, you said you need banks in the EU and no EMIs - but then why did you put the UK, Georgia or Rebellion Pay onto the list? Within the EU the deposit insurance level is usually €100,000 so if you have < 6 digits then probably any country could be good. Even customers of Cyprus and Greek banks got back their money below €100,000...

You are totally right. I was probably not clear.
I am looking for a non risky bank where it's "easy" (remote will be appreciate too) to open a bank account.

Most of them ask to have a residency, a phone number in the country etc.
Do you have some banks/juridictions/countries you will recommend?

Thanks.

I already have. But to be honest, it's not available in my new place so let's see how much time I could keep this nice one ...
It's probably one of the only easy neobank to open with an unilimited free widthrawal cash abroad (with small subscription: N26 You).

Thanks for this one, I didn't know.

You are totally right. I was probably not clear.
I am looking for a non risky bank where it's "easy" (remote will be appreciate too) to open a bank account.

Most of them ask to have a residency, a phone number in the country etc.
Do you have some banks/juridictions/countries you will recommend?

Thanks.
Unfortunately you are now forced to recognize the trend that non-resident individuals without local ties are not welcome any more in the EU countries. If you have less than €100,000 then your remaining choices are the EMIs, where the largest ones accept clients from any EU country. Maybe you should think about Serbia or Montenegro which are outside of the EU

Reactions: Traveler
Unfortunately you are now forced to recognize the trend that non-resident individuals without local ties are not welcome any more in the EU countries. If you have less than €100,000 then your remaining choices are the EMIs, where the largest ones accept clients from any EU country. Maybe you should think about Serbia or Montenegro which are outside of the EU
do you know any good banks from serbia and montenegro?

Latest Threads