Our valued sponsor

EMI accepting third party deposits

Well, is there any probability my account won’t be blocked after the money hits it? The transfer is a mid 5 figures EUR sum from a family member, whose account is being closed. The country is LI. Problem is, the money has been sitting in the account for decades and it’s impossible for me to determine the origin, as the family member now lost capacity. I have the bank statements for the last couple of decades though. I’ve checked with banks in my home country, but there is no appetite to accept that money.

Last edited:
Well, is there any probability my account won’t be blocked after the money hits it? The transfer is a mid 5 figures EUR sum from a family member, whose account is being closed. The country is LI. Problem is, the money has been sitting in the account for decades and it’s impossible for me to determine the origin, as the family member now lost capacity. I have the bank statements for the last couple of decades though. I’ve checked with banks in my home country, but there is no appetite to accept that money.
Most likely the receiving bank/EMI will ask you evidence about the lost capacity of the family member. Despite this being humiliating and probably illegal, you should be ready to comply. As to the origin of funds, you need to come up with a credible story.

Reactions: Forester

Latest Threads