Our valued sponsor

EMI for withdrawing personal crypto (and business crypto in the future)

friend

Jan 7, 2021
Visit site
I decided to sell some of my crypto and found out that most of my local banks are against crypto related transactions.

1) What EMI do you recommend for selling my personal crypto? I heard that even revolut is against these kinds of payments.
I am an EU citizen.

2) What EMI do you recommend for business crypto?

Be very careful. Banks accepting crypto transaction can change over night. Have a non-bank plan b i.e sell crypto via gold dealer or asset swap. Also watch very carefully what is happening in US with crypto regulations. If any tightening of rules occurs around banking then every bank in the world that processes dollars will ditch crypto regardless of whether the transaction took place in a currency outside dollars. The reason is every bank will prioritize its dollar relationship due to dollar being used in over 80% of global trade and most banks that offer cross border business services need dollar access.

What do you guys think about this:
Exchange crypto on kraken > wire the money to bankera > wire the money to my stock broker > withdraw the money some other time (1-2 months maybe) to my local bank. At the end I'll have the money where I want it: in my local bank account :)

You can send money from Bankera to your local bank directly, because Bankera is a financial institution, but not a crypto exchange.

Yeah but they will still ask questions about the source of that money. So even if it comes from Bankera, they will probably ask me how it go there.
My guess is that my stock broker will not ask or won't care. And if I withdraw it from my stock broker after 1-2 months, I can say that it's from selling stocks.

That would cause a tax event surely.
Yeah but they will still ask questions about the source of that money. So even if it comes from Bankera, they will probably ask me how it go there.
My guess is that my stock broker will not ask or won't care. And if I withdraw it from my stock broker after 1-2 months, I can say that it's from selling stocks.

As far as i am concerned (had millions in the UK/EU/Eastern Europe) in fiat, not one question asked.

When you set up a company for crypto, it causes all sorts of hurdles, and questions (experience), yet if you withdraw in some asian countries (no questions asked) then deposit into an account there created and have a CC on that account, you can then move the funds easily to TW or similar, then from there to the respectable banks, sure tax events may happen, but the opposite is all your accounts being frozen.
I decided to sell some of my crypto and found out that most of my local banks are against crypto related transactions.

1) What EMI do you recommend for selling my personal crypto? I heard that even revolut is against these kinds of payments.
I am an EU citizen.

2) What EMI do you recommend for business crypto?

I will pay taxes for these, no problem. Do you think it will work the way I described? Bankera > stock broker > local bank account. All this with my personal crypto.

Does anybody have expereience with withdrawing crypto payments to TW? I read in their TOS that crypto withdrawals are not a problem, only crypto deposits.

And if I withdraw it from my stock broker after 1-2 months, I can say that it's from selling stocks.
what if they ask for proof ?
if you already get money regularly from your broker then its unlikely they will ask anything, i would be careful about the patterns you create over time doing this, also for your broker, at some point their algorithm might get triggered and they will ask questions. I would consider actually buying/selling stock, especially if there is no fees like most big US broker.

Be very careful. Banks accepting crypto transaction can change over night. Have a non-bank plan b i.e sell crypto via gold dealer or asset swap. Also watch very carefully what is happening in US with crypto regulations. If any tightening of rules occurs around banking then every bank in the world that processes dollars will ditch crypto regardless of whether the transaction took place in a currency outside dollars. The reason is every bank will prioritize its dollar relationship due to dollar being used in over 80% of global trade and most banks that offer cross border business services need dollar access.
Great points to consider.
Banks can kick you out leaving you with no account. So be careful which one you use and ideally have a dedicated bank account for just these operations.
So if the banks shows you the door it will not turn your head upside down.

Emerging markets offer great plan b options to almost every budget, from the low 100$ to the millions. Execution and opsec is key though.

Latest Threads