Our valued sponsor

ETH transfer from kraken to Ledger Live / nano x - question?

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
About 2 hours ago I made a transfer of some ETH from Kraken to the Ledger nano X - I verified the receiver address a few times to make sure it is correct.

Now I can see on 'etherscan' that the transaction is green with Success and that the Status is Confirmed by Sequencer.

The recipient address is also correct. But they have not yet appeared in Ledger Live.

When I sent USDT in the same way, they were there within 20 minutes.

Does anyone know why they are not showing or why it is taking so long?

I have tried to 'reset' the cache in Ledger Live, but it did not yield any results.

No, not yet... 4 hrs and 20 minutes... it must have been kraken that has set the fee to low or something

I checked the receiver address over and over again, it is correct.

• Sad
Reactions: CyprusLawyer101
Okay I hope you are right, it is now 13 hours since the transfer and it still not arrived!

Sorry, I couldn't resist trying ChatGPT to find an answer to your question, and it seems there have been problems with the ETHEREUM network within the last 24 hours but it is being fixed. So, take it easy and see if they don't come through.

Yes, there have been recent delays on the Ethereum network. The Ethereum blockchain experienced technical issues that caused the network to stop finalizing blocks for over an hour. This incident marked the second such outage within a 24-hour period. Additionally, it was reported that the Ethereum network faced two performance issues in the last 24 hours, which led to blocks not being finalized. Although the network has recovered and is now finalizing blocks again, these incidents raised concerns about the network's reliability and credibility

It's also noted that the incident triggered Ethereum's first-ever inactivity leak, but the developers emphasized that the network did not go down

. These issues can contribute to delays in transaction processing, including transfers of ETH.

I'm going insane here... I made a transaction to the exact same address before I made this one, it went smooth through.

I tried to reset the ledger software, clear cash, nothing there.

Also wrote the Ledger Support waiting for them to respond...eek¤%&

Wow, you just made my day... I would have never figured that out.. how on earth could Kraken send it that way!!

Do you know what I should do now to get them over to regular ETHEREUM?
@JohnLocke Sent you PM on what issue is ;)

Wow, you just made my day... I would have never figured that out.. how on earth could Kraken send it that way!!

Never used Kraken to work it out. But for Kraken it makes sense to do it this way to save gas (transaction) fees. Otherwise ETH gas fees can be crazy on ETH during busy periods like into high double digits and way beyond.

Do you know what I should do now to get them over to regular ETHEREUM?

I think Trust Wallet should work

Care to share with us as to what exactly happened? And how you managed to solve this?

Basically the ETH sent out from Kraken was Optimisim ETH. Install Optimisim wallet on ledger and problem solved to keep it short.

Reactions: Marshal
You can choose the network you prefer:

IMG_1885.jpeg

Basically the ETH sent out from Kraken was Optimisim ETH. Install Optimisim wallet on ledger and problem solved to keep it short.
Yeah when you write it like this it sounds pretty easy.

But I must say that it was not easy when you are not used to next-level crypto exchange. There were no less than 3 wallets etc. I had to go through (new ones) to get them converted to ETH and then back to my Ledger.

Kraken just replied, we apologize for the error, they are busy and unfortunately cannot help right now, but hope I solve my problem

If 'martin' hadn't figured this out for me, I still wouldn't have found my coins and would have thought they were gone.

I owe him a huge virtual BEER as thanks ki#¤%

Reactions: Martin Everson
@JohnLocke I suggest you consider SwissBorg, it is very simple to use and being an aggregator of exchanges you automatically obtain the best rate.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to open an account with them and see how it works. But actually, Kraken has worked really well for the last 7 - 8 years - I have never experienced such problems before.