Our valued sponsor

EU Company - AMEX Gold Business Card (USD)

bose

Jul 1, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am in the internet marketing business and have a company based in Belgium.
My whole business works in USD currency and I've been trying to get the AMEX Gold Business Card in USD.
I've already contacted AMEX, but they are only able to give me these cards in EUR...

The only option I see to get this card, is through opening a bank account in another country that issues them (e.g. CIM Swiss Private Bank)

Any ideas? Appreciate your suggestions!

Reactions: EliasIT
Interesting.....why Amex?

What is wrong with normal USD debit card so we can understand?

Probably OP wants to get AMEX points for whatever he spends on online advertising, and then exchange them to Miles in order to fly first class ...

Make sure you calculate it properly. If you don't spend at least $300k per year it is not worth it (as some banks have a lot of hidden fees when it comes to issuing AMEX - extra fee for issuing guarantee letter, extra fees for wiring the monthly wire, etc)

OP not explained why he wants specifically AMEX yet...why?

You really think he wants an AMEX it to collect air miles....lol?

Yes of course, why not? I am also collecting around $5k worth air miles every month with my credit card. It is $60k easy money per year.

So thats why you feel he is after an AMEX Business card...to gather some air miles? Very interesting

Yes, if you have a good credit card and good airline program tier you can really benefit. I never paid money for tickets since 3 years and always flew as business class. but again it depends on both your credit card and airline. You need to have the best combination.

Maybe OP is after chargeback power of AMEX, or another benefit i donno.

Yes, if you have a good credit card and good airline program tier you can really benefit. I never paid money for tickets since 3 years and always flew as business class. but again it depends on both your credit card and airline. You need to have the best combination.

Maybe OP is after chargeback power of AMEX, or another benefit i donno.
Care to elaborate on the chargeback power of AMEX? You can dispute any payment and you win?

And regarding air miles it's OK but you need to spend a lot of money to make it worth your while... For each $40-50k you spend you get approximately one flight but you still need to pay the airport taxes etc. So it ends up being a pseudo 0.5-1% cash back depending on how good you are at utilizing points.

@maxmmm
As I mentioned before if you have correct credit card/airline loyalty tier you will earn lots of miles, otherwise it is trash. I have the highest tier of my credit card(private banking) and the highest tier of the airline company.

I earn approximately 6 medium range international business class tickets(which are worth approx $12K) with $50K spending it is basically %25 cash back. You need to only pay airport taxes but it is nothing(approx %8 percentage of a business class ticket).

Regarding chargeback power: Why American Express Chargebacks are Different - The Chargeback Company

OK interesting, which loyalty tier is that?

from what I saw $50000 in spend equals 50000 AMEX points, and let's say you convert them 1:1 it'll be worth 50000 points which is about 2 business class flights... happy to be proven wrong here

Interesting conversation on air miles smi(&%

No sure this is any help to OP however ns2

OK interesting, which loyalty tier is that?

from what I saw $50000 in spend equals 50000 AMEX points, and let's say you convert them 1:1 it'll be worth 50000 points which is about 2 business class flights... happy to be proven wrong here
My card issuer is AMEX but I don't earn AMEX points as I mentioned before I have a different card and earning directly miles for a specific airlines but I cannot disclose publicly and it will not helpful for you because it is country specific program. Since 3 years I earned approx $150K worth business tickets. You need to find the best credit card/airline tier combination in your country.

OP did you open an account with CIM Bank in Switzerland and did they issue the AMEX USD card to you?
If not, have you sorted it out, how ?