Our valued sponsor

Fairly simple need - but could do with some help!

aegyjo

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and really appreciate the efforts that people go to in order to respond to new topics - there really is a wealth of information and knowledge here.

I am a U.K. resident and business owner. My business became fairly successful and I have always been compliant with regards to running my U.K. LTD. As the business grew I was fairly free in terms of supporting my wider family as bestI could financially. However since filing my last set of accounts before winding up the company my family have basically turned on my and said that I have not ‘shared’ the money fairly with them. It has got quite unpleasant but I am dealing with the matter.

I am looking to start up again for a new venture and want to avoid all of the unpleasantness if possible. I am not looking for strict anonymity and privacy but a decent or comparable tax regime is fine. But what I would like to do is operate my business from within the U.K. selling to US / Canada / FE / ME / U.K.clients but have the company away from the U.K. register - just to stop my family from prying.

Is there a simple way to do this remotely? I am considering moving to France or Italy at some point.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I am considering moving to France or Italy at some point.
This is contradictory to what you wrote earlier. But I would try and look at Cyprus companies that have a good protection of their owners.

This is contradictory to what you wrote earlier. But I would try and look at Cyprus companies that have a good protection of their owners.

Thank you very much for the reply. Curious about your comment about me moving been contradictory - the move would be for completely personal reasons rather than anything business related and may happen further down the line.Initially the business would be run out of the U.K..

I will take a look at Cyprus, thank you. As I said, really a case of getting off the U.K. register if possible because my family know how to use and search it!

Mauritius sounds like your best bet. You have plenty of European options such as Montenegro. If you budget 5K set up and 1k running costs you should be fine.

Cyprus and Gibraltar are some other destinations that may be good for what you are looking into. I believe that you have already found a solution by now so maybe you let us know what is you have found or just a hint?