Our valued sponsor

Fake bitcoin transaction

Interesting question, I would like to know that to, if someone know how to do that please post here I'm all ear :)

That's good to know, but if a transactions is approved by the network (got at least 5 or 6 confirmations) one should be sure that the coins received are valid or not?

That's good to know, but if a transactions is approved by the network (got at least 5 or 6 confirmations) one should be sure that the coins received are valid or not?

Absolutely.

After the second or third confirmation, you can be 99.99% sure that that transaction is irreversible and valid. After six confirmations I'd be willing to bet my lung on it.

Reactions: JohnLocke
If I deal with BTC I personally accept the transaction to be valid after the first confirmation.
It will be a very hard coincidence, that the sender is prepared to do the double spent and the block with my transaction got marked as invalid.
Of course, it is possible, but I have never seen this with my own eyes.
Especially in a face to face meeting, you can see, if the other person is trying to do a double spent.

Of course, it depends on the amount you are sending and the trustability of the counterpart/sender.

Latest Threads