Our valued sponsor

Fidor Bank for Cyprus Limited

CryptoFriend

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am currently in the process of opening a Limited company in Cyprus to do crypto trading. Does anyone have expierience with Fidor Bank as a banking solution? From what I understand this is a very crypto friendly bank.

best regards
CryptoFriend

You can check with EMIs in Cyprus as there are some crypto-friendly EMIs. You could also consider banks in Gibraltar. What will be the structure of the company? I assume you are aware you will be registering it in the crypto asset service providers register once this goes live.

You can check with EMIs in Cyprus as there are some crypto-friendly EMIs. You could also consider banks in Gibraltar. What will be the structure of the company? I assume you are aware you will be registering it in the crypto asset service providers register once this goes live.
I intend to set up a limited company fund it with fiat and register the company to crypto exchanges to trade. Yes I am aware of the new rules, do you expect this to make business more difficult for crypto trading companies?

No on the contrary, this will make everything a bit more crypto-friendly and hopefully banks as well. We are still expecting the official guidance from CySEC about requirements and costs but we have an indication, and I believe this will be quite straightforward etc.

Potentially yes. I do expect that once the official guidance is issued by CySEC banks will reconsider their policies but for the time being the best option is to set up and ltd company, register in the crypro service providers once this is live and open an account with an EMI or a foreign bank.

Reactions: CryptoFriend
Just go with an EMI like Mistertango etc till you find something else decent.