Votes: 10 23.3%
  • 50-60

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • 60-70

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 70-80

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
The great revelation is supposed to come between the ages of 50 and 60 - this is when most people's dreams come true if they desire it strongly enough.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
Wisdom shared through the ages has more value than can usually be accumulated by expenditure - except when mistakes occur.

I’ve always found life associated with individuals 50-60 yrs my senior and now 40-50 yrs senior.. the value transfer has been enormous

Bravo !
Excellent concept. And I suggest it might be improved and put to practical use right here on the OCT forum.

Instead of looking at collective statistics, look at age (as a range) of each individual who posts here. We already are shown avatar (worthless), number of posts, number of stars, etc. But age range is certainly far more useful as a possible gauge of wisdom. Not guaranteed correlation, but more useful than avatar or stars from "likes". Make stating age optional. In 5 year ranges. (The highly paranoid could simply lie.)

There are already some indicators of age available here. If I see a post or private message that begins, "Hey, Bro. How's it goin'," I start moving my mouse to the "ignore user" feature. Likely little wisdom from that user.

Another indicator -- widespread, but far more subtle -- is thinking in terms of collectives. "What does everybody here think about ..." Thinking in terms of collectives started to come in vogue in the 1980s and has been trending upward ever since.

There are more clues along those lines. But what I'd like to see -- in line with @wellington's idea -- is a positive clue here to the wisdom of age.

Alas, for me, the poll at the top of this thread does not go high enough. I'm older than the highest age range. It is difficult to find anyone senior to me, who is still functioning in life: not in a nursing home, not dementia, etc. Sad, eh?

No, not so sad, because having no one senior to ask for guidance and advice, I've learned to depend even more than before on my own judgement.

To finish this post, I will pass along one bit of such wisdom that I learned at a young age, from people of a much older age. It is a German Idiom (but I have no German, so I must use English): "We grow so quick old, but so slow smart."

Bravo !
Excellent concept. And I suggest it might be improved and put to practical use right here on the OCT forum.

Instead of looking at collective statistics, look at age (as a range) of each individual who posts here. We already are shown avatar (worthless), number of posts, number of stars, etc. But age range is certainly far more useful as a possible gauge of wisdom. Not guaranteed correlation, but more useful than avatar or stars from "likes". Make stating age optional. In 5 year ranges. (The highly paranoid could simply lie.)

There are already some indicators of age available here. If I see a post or private message that begins, "Hey, Bro. How's it goin'," I start moving my mouse to the "ignore user" feature. Likely little wisdom from that user.

Another indicator -- widespread, but far more subtle -- is thinking in terms of collectives. "What does everybody here think about ..." Thinking in terms of collectives started to come in vogue in the 1980s and has been trending upward ever since.

There are more clues along those lines. But what I'd like to see -- in line with @wellington's idea -- is a positive clue here to the wisdom of age.

Alas, for me, the poll at the top of this thread does not go high enough. I'm older than the highest age range. It is difficult to find anyone senior to me, who is still functioning in life: not in a nursing home, not dementia, etc. Sad, eh?

No, not so sad, because having no one senior to ask for guidance and advice, I've learned to depend even more than before on my own judgement.

To finish this post, I will pass along one bit of such wisdom that I learned at a young age, from people of a much older age. It is a German Idiom (but I have no German, so I must use English): "We grow so quick old, but so slow smart."
I often us “bro” when ridiculing someone’s post on Twitter.

Reactions: theblast3r
Bravo !

another bulls**t post from you.

30-40 taking over the poll :cool:. Age matters, just not in this case. World is full of wise young men and *the opposite of that* old men. Never have I ever met someone older than me who I heard say something and I thought "oooh, bars" (context:
).

I've always felt as if the older generation has too much hate collected in their bodies, maybe because they lived most of their life in a communist country I thought, but then I moved out and it was the same everywhere, none of these people were happy. Sure, some of them really made it, wealth wise, but I never learned anything from any of them. Too outdated.

The 20 - 30 guys and maybe also the 30 - 40 group (actually, any group, come to think of it:rolleyes:), if you all stick around here on OCT and consider this an ongoing educational forum, become a learning machine, and STAY out of trouble; you WILL retire super wealthy...if retiring is your thing (it's not for me)! 100% guaranteed! ;)

Source:

PS. For me personally, OCT is the EXTREME LONG RANGE Speed Laser/Radar Detector!